Daily check-in August 31, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily check-in August 31, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

I have slept most of the day away.. I have been sleep deprived for a long time so not sure if my body is playing catch up.. I only woke up to go to the bathroom or to let Teddi out. We both would have a snack and then back to bed. Hope I can get to sleep tonight.
Have a good rest of the night everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good evening everyone,

I spoke to oldest dd earlier today and she is handling the loss of her cat as best as could be expected. I am glad her bf offered to collect, clean and store away all of her cat essentials in the apartment storage area. He also went with her to say goodbye to her cat at the vets yesterday. At times like this, I feel a bit helpless living so far away. All of your virtual hugs are appreciated. Eventually she said she will probably want to get another cat, and will go to the animal shelter like she did with Chloe.

This morning I went to our local farmer's market and then did a very quick shop at Walmart. I bought another electrical converter set as a back up when we travel. It's very important that I have some means of charging my phone and camera battery. Our old set is over 20 years old and I have never tested the plug for Europe before. A different plug is required for UK, but it's the same as the one we have used in Malaysia. That one worked fine on our last journey about 3 years ago. I know that I am over planning everything but I have that tendency.

Three loads of laundry were hung outside today and everything managed to get dry. It was pretty warm and breezy so didn't take that long. I did end up putting one load into the dryer. Today's exercise was just a walk.

Creative
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Mrscreative wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:05 pm Good evening everyone,

I spoke to oldest dd earlier today and she is handling the loss of her cat as best as could be expected. I am glad her bf offered to collect, clean and store away all of her cat essentials in the apartment storage area. He also went with her to say goodbye to her cat at the vets yesterday. At times like this, I feel a bit helpless living so far away. All of your virtual hugs are appreciated. Eventually she said she will probably want to get another cat, and will go to the animal shelter like she did with Chloe.

This morning I went to our local farmer's market and then did a very quick shop at Walmart. I bought another electrical converter set as a back up when we travel. It's very important that I have some means of charging my phone and camera battery. Our old set is over 20 years old and I have never tested the plug for Europe before. A different plug is required for UK, but it's the same as the one we have used in Malaysia. That one worked fine on our last journey about 3 years ago. I know that I am over planning everything but I have that tendency.

Three loads of laundry were hung outside today and everything managed to get dry. It was pretty warm and breezy so didn't take that long. I did end up putting one load into the dryer. Today's exercise was just a walk.

Creative
I like to overprepare for travel, too, and it has served me well. When you mention converters I’m not sure if you just mean the plugs or a device that converts from 110 to 220. I thought I’d need an electrical converter for my phone and iPad but my friends told me No, just the plugs. Those devices convert the current automatically. I’m not sure about your camera but probably the same. What friends said is you only need an electrical converter for devices that create a lot of heat like a curling iron.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:19 am I like to overprepare for travel, too, and it has served me well. When you mention converters I’m not sure if you just mean the plugs or a device that converts from 110 to 220. I thought I’d need an electrical converter for my phone and iPad but my friends told me No, just the plugs. Those devices convert the current automatically. I’m not sure about your camera but probably the same. What friends said is you only need an electrical converter for devices that create a lot of heat like a curling iron.
Thanks Floridacat! I did a Google search and it certainly appears you only need the plugs. What confused me is the new set I purchased said not to use them for computers or electronic devices. Both my phone and camera are dual voltage so hopefully it won’t be a problem. Of course the set sold for electronic devices cost almost double the price! I was confused but feel a lot more confident now just using the plugs.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Mrscreative wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:03 pm Thanks Floridacat! I did a Google search and it certainly appears you only need the plugs. What confused me is the new set I purchased said not to use them for computers or electronic devices. Both my phone and camera are dual voltage so hopefully it won’t be a problem. Of course the set sold for electronic devices cost almost double the price! I was confused but feel a lot more confident now just using the plugs.
Yes, you will be fine with just the plugs. I was nervous, too. I didn’t want to fry my devices. But they charged perfectly with just the plugs.

You will need the converter if you take a hair dryer on the trip unless it is dual voltage.
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:35 pm Sheila they like the power. I will offer to let Teddi out and will say, " Teddi you want to go potty?" He will get up and race to the door. I open the inside door and then the storm door and he will go half way out and then turn around and come back in.. I say all the time he loves the power to make the big dog open the door for him....lol.
Janet, I do believe you're right - they like the power, lol.