NON frugal things that you do :-)

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

NON frugal things that you do :-)

Post by icfrugal1 »

So, I have Amazon Prime, I do love that I can order without a minimum.

I have the Costco Executive membership $120.00 a year, but I also have the Costco CC so I get a total of 4% back for purchases. To "break " even for the 2% I need to spend $6,000 a year there. I am not counting the 2% back on purchases because I have another card that pays me 2% so I was getting that anyway. (does that make sense?)

I am sure that I will think of more.

IC
clemencia2us

Re: NON frugal things that you do :-)

Post by clemencia2us »

I got mad at Amazon Prime because i specifically checked to not do auto renewal at the end of my first year

And what did they do? Auto renewed! I got that canceled and never used Prime again

Well i do use it, but there are ways to get free shipping without using Prime

And i also thought that i could view all the movies and videos free with Prime - nope some you still have to pay extra.

I also look for other free shipping venues. Wal-Mart for example - free with 49 dollar order. And of course always tax and shipping free through the military exchange.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I have cable...and prime...and Netflix. I quilt and knit with the good stuff. I eat out once a week and have drinks apps and deserts..and when I travel I want the hotel with the good mattress.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Easy. Keeping my mom’s house.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I buy books. However, it's because the tiny town we live in has a one room library. The town is attached to the big city, but because we are not city residents, we are not allowed to use the city library without paying $50 a year for an individual card. Plus, due to vision troubles, I almost exclusively read e-books so that the lighting and type size can be adjusted.

To not go broke, I wait for what I'd like to read to show up deeply discounted or free as a e-book. How-to and recipe books are bought used or from a clearance retailer like Dedaelus Books.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I have 8 dogs - very non-frugal