NON frugal things that you do :-)

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Re: NON frugal things that you do :-)

Post by littlemiss63 »

clemencia2us wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:42 pm I have 8 dogs - very non-frugal
Clem, bless you for taking care of the dogs, but I bet their food bill a month is more than yours. When I hear friends talk about how much they spend for Vet bills and grooming you would think you could claim them as dependents. :lol: :lol:
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Keeping my late husbands 97 Dakota Sports truck. I have paid insurance and tags for it for the last 5 years and 5 months and I bet I haven't used it 10 times in that period. I keep thinking that I might need it for cleaning out a rental house if the tenant leaves stuff there, but for a couple hundred dollars I could rent one of those portable dumpsters.

I have let a friend borrow it for a few days and I sure like how easy it is to park my car in the garage and I'm not reminded that DH is no longer here every time I get into my car. I probably need to sell it before year-end.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I can totally relate to Clem's dog unfrugalness. We have 3, all of which have somewhat expensive medical problems, and a senior cat. Their food, medication, supplements, litter and the increased need for housecleaning cost as much as a modest car payment. Love them all to pieces, but we will not be replacing anyone who passes away.
Last edited by MackerelCat on Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mackie
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I travel 2 times a year. It usually costs almost $1000 per trip.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

littlemiss63 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:01 pm Clem, bless you for taking care of the dogs, but I bet their food bill a month is more than yours. When I hear friends talk about how much they spend for Vet bills and grooming you would think you could claim them as dependents. :lol: :lol:
I worked with a woman who DID list her dog as a dependent (child) on her income tax! This was 30 years ago but I thought that even back then you needed a SS number for a child. Maybe she was kidding but I always thought she was serious. She lived on the edge but always seemed to land on her feet.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Dgflorida wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:07 am I travel 2 times a year. It usually costs almost $1000 per trip.
I wish we could travel for that amount. Even a drive to this cabin and back is going to cost us over that with cabin rental, gas and any little treats we buy.

Our trip to the city to see the musical is going to cost us close to $500.00.

I think you travel very frugally.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/