DG's frugal journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
alliesmama4

Re: DG's frugal journal

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:54 am Thursday am

I moved the pest control people to a week from Friday. And today, I will probably call and move the dental appointment scheduled for Tuesday when the hurricane is due to hit. I will do my normally scheduled grocery store trips with an extra one scheduled for Sunday to get fresh vegetables on sale at Winn Dixie. I have all the chicken breasts processed and we will eat chicken for the next several days. That will leave only ground beef which is easy to fix. Mike thinks we will have power outages. I am good with water for 5 days including the frozen water. And the freezer has 6 gallon jugs of frozen water at the bottom.

Yesterday, hubs decided the toilet was broken. "Mom its broken" It did seem to flush poorly. I didn't have a lot of time to work on it because I had to leave for my doctor's appointment. For some reason, the tank wasn't filling completely. Very odd. Well, I thought of fixes, but I got home and it was time to fix dinner etc. A long day with scary traffic. Luckily, it is fine this morning.

Dry weather this morning. Good time to do a load of laundry. Everyone wants clean clothes for a hurricane. LOL.
Dg good luck with your battening down of the hatches.. Wishing you good luck too that all of your preparations will help keep you safe.
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Saturday pm

Happy day. The hurricane is moving away and I made great progress with the kitchen planner. The kitchen plans are not yet finalized, but they are close. The handicapped kitchen allows for sitting under the sink and under the cooktop. I opted no stove since I don't use it. We have just a couple of more design features to go over. Because it is all custom, it will be expensive. But I believe it will allow me to live independently here in my home for a long time. Here with my trees, butterflies and birds is how I want to end my days.

I was surprised that the stock market was not very upset by the Queens decision to suspend parliament. A lot of times, these things seem to be already factored in before they are made public. Makes it tough on the little investor.

Well, I plan to continue to use up the last of the chicken breasts. I don't seem to have any chicken fat left for cooking, but I have some frozen chicken jelly. So that can flavor the breasts a bit and a cup of soup. And the jelly needs to be used up. I do have a pint of uncooked chicken fat and skin. I may thaw it and microwave it. I should have done this sooner, but my focus was on that hurricane. The frozen skin and fat are recent, but I do want to get it converted I think.

Apparently, someone hassled another poster. Apparently, she used a non PC word incorrectly. All I know is it wasn't me. I don't know how to do that kind of stuff. It has been educational.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:23 pm Saturday pm

Happy day. The hurricane is moving away and I made great progress with the kitchen planner. The kitchen plans are not yet finalized, but they are close. The handicapped kitchen allows for sitting under the sink and under the cooktop. I opted no stove since I don't use it. We have just a couple of more design features to go over. Because it is all custom, it will be expensive. But I believe it will allow me to live independently here in my home for a long time. Here with my trees, butterflies and birds is how I want to end my days.

I was surprised that the stock market was not very upset by the Queens decision to suspend parliament. A lot of times, these things seem to be already factored in before they are made public. Makes it tough on the little investor.

Well, I plan to continue to use up the last of the chicken breasts. I don't seem to have any chicken fat left for cooking, but I have some frozen chicken jelly. So that can flavor the breasts a bit and a cup of soup. And the jelly needs to be used up. I do have a pint of uncooked chicken fat and skin. I may thaw it and microwave it. I should have done this sooner, but my focus was on that hurricane. The frozen skin and fat are recent, but I do want to get it converted I think.

Apparently, someone hassled another poster. Apparently, she used a non PC word incorrectly. All I know is it wasn't me. I don't know how to do that kind of stuff. It has been educational.
DG glad your hurricane threat has diminished. I have not seen the weather report yet.

Also happy your kitchen planning is coming along so well. I plan on staying here for the duration too. I use to train handicapped patients how to deal with their living arrangements so I know a lot of what to expect and how to make things work.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dg hope you are ok and just busy and not able to post.
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Thank you Janet for thinking about me. Unfortunately, I had more like panic rather than busy. Hurricane Irma, just 100 miles from the center left me so frightened, I panic much too easy. And the limitations imposed by my bad knee just accelerate the fear. Hubs can't help at all and is a liability in a storm. A lot of perceived pressure I put on me.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:25 am Thank you Janet for thinking about me. Unfortunately, I had more like panic rather than busy. Hurricane Irma, just 100 miles from the center left me so frightened, I panic much too easy. And the limitations imposed by my bad knee just accelerate the fear. Hubs can't help at all and is a liability in a storm. A lot of perceived pressure I put on me.
Glad you are ok but I can somewhat understand the panic. I have never been in a hurricane so do not know what to expect except what I see on TV. I know it can be horrendous and devastating despite all of your preps you are still at the mercy of the wind and rain. Plus you have your medical problems and your DH's to think about.. (( hug)). Hope you will get through the rest of the hurricane season safely. It is so sad what is happening to all of the people who are being hit so hard.
Janet Alliesmama