Gayle's Cancer Updates

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: Biopsy Results & My Cancer Updates

Post by gaylejackson2 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:34 am She did a single mastectomy.
I waver between lumpectomy, single, or double mastectomy.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:24 pm I waver between lumpectomy, single, or double mastectomy.
It is a big decision. I think once you get the genetics results that might help you decide.
Janet Alliesmama
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

HI Gayle,

Sorry I have been away for awhile! I am sorry to hear about your breast cancer. I am praying for you and your family. Hang in there! (((HUGS to YOU))) and remember "this too shall pass" which got me through a lot. We at this Frugal forum will be your cheerleaders and shoulder to lean on when you need to vent or talk! Sending my love to you!
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Okay, one tiny update.

I got called by the Genetics clinic today, I have the BRCA1 gene mutation! ☹️ Not the answer I wanted. So I have an increased 40-45% risk of getting a different kind of breast cancer later, AND 40-60% risk of getting ovarian cancer (If I don't get my ovaries removed after my treatments have ended).

So now I need to pray in earnest about what kind of surgery I should have done.

1 interesting fact though, my first cousin who tested positive for BRCA1, she & I have the Same Exact Gene Mutation!!😮😳 So this gene comes from my Dad’s side of the family!
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Gayle, I sure hope that news provides you some guidance on this matter. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:59 pm Okay, one tiny update.

I got called by the Genetics clinic today, I have the BRCA1 gene mutation! ☹️ Not the answer I wanted. So I have an increased 40-45% risk of getting a different kind of breast cancer later, AND 40-60% risk of getting ovarian cancer (If I don't get my ovaries removed after my treatments have ended).

So now I need to pray in earnest about what kind of surgery I should have done.

1 interesting fact though, my first cousin who tested positive for BRCA1, she & I have the Same Exact Gene Mutation!!😮😳 So this gene comes from my Dad’s side of the family!
Gayle sorry to hear you did not get good news about your genetic testing.. I know you have a strong faith and will put your trust in God to make the right decision. It is good that you have so much information now compared to finding out later when your chances of it having already developed in to cancer. ((hug)). Keeping you in my thought and prayers.
Janet Alliesmama