Daily Check In September 10, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In September 10, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

Update

All I have left to do today as far as household chores go is clean the bathroom, and finish the laundry. I got what I could on the lines downstairs and the rest will have to be put in the dryer. Still a misty rain outside.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Bathroom done. It wasn't too bad as I had given it a quick wipe down before we left.

I am already up to 9602 steps today and I still have to go up and down the stairs a few times and into the back room of the basement. I should easily reach 10,000 steps today. Hopefully go over to make up for yesterdays mostly sedentary time.

Not sure if I will be able to finish the quilt top, but will give it the old college try.
Jackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Well at least i have dinner in the crockpot! Something got done
rinty

Post by rinty »

Yay, crockpots !

I ahd forgotten hwo frugal working is............

Used up all Sundays roast chicken. It made chicken salad for us both for 2 days and then tonight I came home to a rather lovely chicken curry courtesy of DH.

I just want to sleep tonight. Tinned soup tomorrow if I'm cooking. I borrowed a book from the school library...........The Borrowers, loved reading it when I was young. I shall be in bed after The Great British Bake Off...........I don't have any favs but what fun watching other people make yummy stuff.

Decided to watch it in my jammys/take meds so I can zonk off if I fall asleep on the couch.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

rinty wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:40 pm Yay, crockpots !

I ahd forgotten hwo frugal working is............

Used up all Sundays roast chicken. It made chicken salad for us both for 2 days and then tonight I came home to a rather lovely chicken curry courtesy of DH.

I just want to sleep tonight. Tinned soup tomorrow if I'm cooking. I borrowed a book from the school library...........The Borrowers, loved reading it when I was young. I shall be in bed after The Great British Bake Off...........I don't have any favs but what fun watching other people make yummy stuff.

Decided to watch it in my jammys/take meds so I can zonk off if I fall asleep on the couch.
Love watching the Great British Bake Off. Canada started their own version a couple of years ago and I like watching that one as well.
Jackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I love The Borrowers! Maybe I’ll get it from the library.

I got a call from my cousin in RI a few minutes ago. Turns out they have tickets to Escape to Margaritaville (Jimmy Buffett wrote it or is somehow connected) on the day I arrive. (I’m already going with them to a music thing the next evening.) They checked and can get me a ticket so I said Yes. It is at another historic theater, one my mom went to sometimes. Should be great fun. Only issue is my flight arrives at 4:15 (nonstop) and I have to get my luggage and the car. It is about 30 minutes to their house and then 45 minutes including parking to the theater and the show is at 7:30. My cousin thinks it will be fine but I’m thinking of flying in a day ahead. Looks like the cost difference would not be much. Thankfully Southwest does not charge change fees. So I’ll think about it.

Following LWolfT’s lead I decided to get going to call about some small jobs. I have the power washer scheduled for next Tuesday and dryer vent cleaning for Thursday. (My dryer vent is on the roof. When I washed some cotton tops yesterday and my kitchen rug today both times the dryer seemed to take too long. Of course it is 29 years old, too!)