Daily Check In September 11, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Re: Daily Check In September 11, 2019

Post by rinty »

LittleMiss, its lovely, its like you have a new lease of life and its especially lovely that Mr B stepped up for you. Have a wonderful time together x

Oh, Sweet Gayle. So DH overloading of the washing machine caused you even more hassle :( REALLY Glad you went straight to church and didn't just try and " cope ". Sounded like the ward is onside..........GOOD !!!!

You were very brave in that MRI , I am so glad you are getting such good care, prayers always said for you in this family.

When the RS pres asks what you need remember to mention the GF aspect as it takes so much out of you , you don't want well meaning people making the family things you can't eat or that would make you unwell.

Had a tin of soup for dinner tonight. ;)

My, we're busy.

I would be in bed now were in not for the fact that you have to watch the political news on an hourly basis :shock: . Oh good grief ;)

Creative, is there any reason why you aren't taking a guided tour of Pompeii ? It is surprising that your cruise ship would not offer one. We have visited twice, it is the size of a small town and we felt that a guided tour was invaluable. I know cruise ships tours can be expensive but some things are worth paying for. You don't need one in every port..........in Marseilles, France , ports in small Greek islands etc we don't bother but certain historical sites etc are worth every penny. We did an all day trip of Rome that took us in a private train from Civitavecchia. Fabulous.

Have a lovely time !
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Good afternoon frugals,

Got home from work a while ago. Did a four hour yard duty shift. I also learned my co-worker works in the after school program at another school. I told her I have experience with that if they need subs. She will tell the coordinator about me.

There is a lot of flux going on at the admin level in the school district. A lot of people higher up the ladder in the school district are retiring which is causing a lot of movement. Retired principals are being called back as interim principals. Principals, VP's and APC directors are moving up so there is a lot of movement in the after school programs. Schools I have worked at all say yard supervisors are in short supply. I tell them I can sub but cannot accept daily contract work due to my Calpers retirement. Schools are getting crowded because we are experiencing an influx of people from the Bay Area in search of affordable housing. Schools cannot be built fast enough so schools are starting to revert back to year round schedules. Influx of people plus higher-ups retiring mean lot of work down the chain. So I am thinking I should take advantage of it while I can because of the economy takes a dump the work could disappear.

So what I have to do if I want to have enough stamina to work is keep eating right, exercise and rest as needed. It is working out so far. I have to stay as active as possible. I still want to do all the R&M around here myself instead of paying for it. None if it is really urgent but I need to stay on top of it.

Well I need to cook some supper and do some housework. Have a great evening everyone!

Bev
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Finally feeling some cooler weather. Even a slight chill in the air. Nice and breezy - low 80s. A couple of weeks ago, it would still be at least 95 at night.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Just wanted to add:

Have been thinking today about those firefighters, and well everyone involved 17 years ago in NYC, DC, & Pennsylvania. My 8yo told me this morning that it is Patriot Day today.

It's cooler & rainy today, rained hard last night and early evening—rained off & on all day today, and supposed to continue towards the weekend. Summer Is Gone!!

Dh said there was snow in Manila this morning about 10am, poor people went from summer to winter there.

Dinner tonight is leftovers. Salmon tomorrow. I just Do Not Want to cook after my news from 2-1/2 hours ago.
snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

Evening yall!

I finally have my down time. Started this morning with taking the leftover water bottles that no one had finished drinking and refilled the dog and cats water bowls with them. I then took my car to the shop to be looked at, I was there an hour and took advantage of all the free coffee they had, I didnt have to make a pot then. I visited one of my favorite local thrift stores, I picked up a new coupon binder, a new front piece to hold extra stuff for me for the binder, a new mini calculator, a new cover for my kleenex boxes all for 1.60 and they always give me a free toy for DS and had a promotion today where they gave a loaf of bread to each customer.
I then picked up DS and we went home and took a nap. Went grocery shopping and spent 21 dollars and will get back 15.60 from Ibotta.

DH and I wanted to try the new panera when they came to town but due to trying to save money. We took advantage of the local grocery stores selection of their soups. This week they are BOGO. Two were 4.99 and I had a 2.00/2 coupon and Ibotta will give back .75 for each one. So 3.79 for four soups so we could try out their soups :)

I also picked up some free hangers and a found a penny item at Dollar General.

snowangel
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

rinty wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:39 pm LittleMiss, its lovely, its like you have a new lease of life and its especially lovely that Mr B stepped up for you. Have a wonderful time together x

Oh, Sweet Gayle. So DH overloading of the washing machine caused you even more hassle :( REALLY Glad you went straight to church and didn't just try and " cope ". Sounded like the ward is onside..........GOOD !!!!

You were very brave in that MRI , I am so glad you are getting such good care, prayers always said for you in this family.

When the RS pres asks what you need remember to mention the GF aspect as it takes so much out of you , you don't want well meaning people making the family things you can't eat or that would make you unwell.

Had a tin of soup for dinner tonight. ;)

My, we're busy.

I would be in bed now were in not for the fact that you have to watch the political news on an hourly basis :shock: . Oh good grief ;)

Creative, is there any reason why you aren't taking a guided tour of Pompeii ? It is surprising that your cruise ship would not offer one. We have visited twice, it is the size of a small town and we felt that a guided tour was invaluable. I know cruise ships tours can be expensive but some things are worth paying for. You don't need one in every port..........in Marseilles, France , ports in small Greek islands etc we don't bother but certain historical sites etc are worth every penny. We did an all day trip of Rome that took us in a private train from Civitavecchia. Fabulous.

Have a lovely time !
Actually Rinty I double checked and we do have a guided tour of Pompeii. You're right in that the excursions are extremely expensive! We didn't book any through our cruise ship but instead went with Expedia which our travel agent recommended. They guarantee to get you back to the ship on time. And most of the excursions we booked are for only half a day anyway. But I've listened to Rick Steves podcast anyway. I'm not sure if you've ever heard of him but he has a whole tv series on his travels to Europe and has written lots of guide books.

We're staying in Rome for 3 days so no need to book through the cruise ship. It is our ending destination of the cruise. I booked a guided tour of the Vatican, Sistine Chapel
and St. Peter's Cathedral. With Barcelona being our starting destination we did likewise. We are also staying in Barcelona for 3 days and I decided on a guided tour of Sagrada Familia and Casa Batllo (Gaudi).

Thanks for your good wishes - definitely experiencing pending excitement of our first cruise!