Daily Check in Sept 12, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Sept 12, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Good morning friends,

I hope everyone slept well last night. I did.

I have nothing to report. Well, I did compose and mail off a letter to ex-FIL asking if he'll respond to a letter about an Annulment. I'd be ok with a "NO", I just can't stand crickets. That is what I am getting from Ex's friend, whom I also considered a friend. My backup plan is to go from the angle that I had not dated much (not at all in High school) and jumped at someone who paid a lot of attention to me that I dismissed any doubts I might have had. I stated that I had a severe lack of judgement. I have a friend and a cousin that would support this assertion. My Mom was citing ex's behaviors exhibited during our marriage, but the whole premise is that there was something before the marriage that made one or both partners unable to fully commit to a sacramental marriage.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check in Sept 12, 2019

Post by Dgflorida »

I sure hope things work out for you Maggie.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Hugs to you Maggie and I wish you the very best.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all,

Today, I was able to thank my neighbor for her good advice on my recent dental procedure. I will count that as my kindness act for today although I will have the chance to do more when I go to Home Depot this morning for a couple of things. No reason to limit being nice to people.

I was able to put out 3 trashcans of weeds pulled from the garden and cut tree limbs. My knee held up pretty good although I had one difficult night earlier this week. Old dance partner did make an appointment to see his GP after I strongly urged him to do so. The appointment is today. I told him to be sure and tell him ALL the symptoms.

Normal frugal activities around the house. Life is good and I am grateful for everything I have. Have a good day everyone.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:29 am Good morning friends,

I hope everyone slept well last night. I did.

I have nothing to report. Well, I did compose and mail off a letter to ex-FIL asking if he'll respond to a letter about an Annulment. I'd be ok with a "NO", I just can't stand crickets. That is what I am getting from Ex's friend, whom I also considered a friend. My backup plan is to go from the angle that I had not dated much (not at all in High school) and jumped at someone who paid a lot of attention to me that I dismissed any doubts I might have had. I stated that I had a severe lack of judgement. I have a friend and a cousin that would support this assertion. My Mom was citing ex's behaviors exhibited during our marriage, but the whole premise is that there was something before the marriage that made one or both partners unable to fully commit to a sacramental marriage.

Have a great day,
Maggie
I have heard that getting an annulment can sometimes take years. Keep your chin up and keep trying.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

Yesterday I finally cancelled cable all together and will return the cable boxes, cords and remotes today. (2 of each) I had put cable on seasonal hold back in February so I wouldn’t have to pay a reconnect charge if I decided I couldn’t live without it. I had it scheduled to come back on Sept. 1 and I did watch the local cable weather station a few times. But basically I had decided I didn’t need it. Then yesterday I tried to watch the 9/11 coverage on Today and all I could get was a black screen. That did it. It might have been my fault pushing the wrong button but the cable remote is SO complicated. I like streaming better.

After the cable drop off I’ll go to the library to return Billions. That worked out great. I’m planning to get the dvd of La La Land if they have it - which they do according to the library website.

Then to mom’s house to put out the yard trash. I did quite a bit yesterday because the sun was going in and out. There’s always more to do but the yard looks great. As LittleMiss said about her yard, the rain has made everything so lush and green.

Finally I’ll go to Aldi. Oranges are on sale and I’ll pick up a few other things. I have a $5 off $40 Winn Dixie coupon I could use at Publix but I’m not sure I have $40 worth of groceries I need there. Well, I have until Tuesday to decide.

Have a good day.