Daily Check in Sept 12, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check in Sept 12, 2019

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I am exhausted. I spent most of my morning trying to get my printer to work again. I did everything. I walked up to the office 3 times to see if the manager could print a label. They did and I was able to mail a package.

I ended up unplugging it and then wiping the new cartridge with alcohol.

I was eventually able to print again. I walked up again to pick up a package I had ordered on eBay. The CorningWare container was just shattered. I let the seller know. He is giving me credit. And told me to pitch it.

Then I dropped a pudding container, I thought it rolled under the stove or refrigerator but it landed on a shelf on the door that I didn’t even realize was there. Very low on at the same level as the produce drawers.

Penny
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:13 pm wow FloridaCatLover - the last time we got new cable boxes, they told us to just throw the other ones out! it was Directv.

We were kind of leery, so kept them for a few months and made sure that they didn't show up on a bill.

We got rid of them during the city disposal sweep - they took electronics and we dropped them off.
They said I had to return the boxes within one week of cancelling the cable. When I cancelled mom’s cable in 2017 they gave me a month to return the equipment. You can be sure I got a receipt for the boxes today. Spectrum bought out our local cable company a few years ago and I’m not impressed.

When my uncle moved into the nursing home I had a heck of a time getting someone in his town to mail the box back to Dish. (I had saved the prepaid mailing box in his closet.) They were going to charge us $175 if we didn’t send it back.

So you have a good cable (or is it satellite) company.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

itspennyc wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:19 pm I am exhausted. I spent most of my morning trying to get my printer to work again. I did everything. I walked up to the office 3 times to see if the manager could print a label. They did and I was able to mail a package.

I was eventually able to print again. I walked up again to pick up a package I had ordered on eBay. The CorningWare container was just shattered. I let the seller know. He is giving me credit. And told me to pitch it.

Then I dropped a pudding container, I thought it rolled under the stove or refrigerator but it landed on a shelf on the door that I didn’t even realize was there. Very low on at the same level as the produce drawers.

Penny
It sounds like you’ve had one of those days, Penny. (((Hugs)))
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by floridacatlover » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:55 pm

itspennyc wrote: ↑Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:19 pm
I am exhausted. I spent most of my morning trying to get my printer to work again. I did everything. I walked up to the office 3 times to see if the manager could print a label. They did and I was able to mail a package.

Penny
It sounds like you’ve had one of those days, Penny. (((Hugs)))
I sure did.

Penny
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Mrscreative wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:33 am Good morning everyone,

I wish I had good news to report about my dn but the prognosis is heartbreaking. The cancer is stage 4 lung cancer and has spread to her liver and bones. There is no cure, only treatment to slightly prolong her life. Dnephew and dn are putting up a very brave face so as not to worry their daughters. I am so sad for them all.

I will try my best to keep busy today.

Creative
That is heartbreaking. I am so sorry. Praying for her and her family...and never giving up hope.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:13 pm wow FloridaCatLover - the last time we got new cable boxes, they told us to just throw the other ones out! it was Directv.

We were kind of leery, so kept them for a few months and made sure that they didn't show up on a bill.

We got rid of them during the city disposal sweep - they took electronics and we dropped them off.
Clem, that is the same with me. I canceled my cable with Dish earlier this Spring and they told me to throw away the two boxes that I had. They told me that if I resold them or gave them to anyone they wouldn't work. I had no intentions of selling them to anyone. I took them to the trash station and threw them in the garbage along with the remotes minus the batteries.

I kept them for a month as well to make sure they weren't charging me for them. Sometimes you get a rep from a foreign country who doesn't speak good English and I wanted to make sure he knew what he was talking about, but he did.