Daily Check-In, Sept. 13, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Daily Check-In, Sept. 13, 2019

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

I’m up early because I couldn’t sleep past 5:30. No reason except thinking about my day.

I watched last night’s debate 8-10 but didn’t stay for the last hour and went to bed. I remembered that The Roku Channel shows ABC News each day and sure enough the channel showed the debate. Love finding ways to watch things without cable.

I’m thinking of cutting mom’s front yard today. I want to do it but don’t want mom’s neighbor to think I don’t appreciate his help when he cuts it for me. But mom has a type of grass that grows faster and it needs it. Honestly I would not mind doing the front myself all the time because it is so small and only takes 15 minutes, unlike the back yard.

On the way, I’ll buy gas since it is down about .10 a gallon. No other spending today.

I want to be home by 2 p.m. to watch a skating competition streamed by Skate Canada. Some of my favorite skaters are participating.

I need to call my cousins to let them know I’m coming a day early. I already told them I’d check on the flight and they said it was fine. I’m planning to spend two nights on Cape Cod and I need to make a reservation. Even though it is off season there all the hotels I’ve checked have 10-14 day cancellation requirements so I have to be certain about my plans before making the reservation. My neighbor called me the other day to confirm that she could care for Pippi so that is a big thing off my mind.

Prayers for all who are unwell or have loved ones unwell. Have a good day.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check-In, Sept. 13, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. It is nice so far today but we are expecting rain later on which will hopefully cool us off for a while. We have been having excessive heat in to the high 90's. I am so ready for Fall.

I am taking a break today and my aide and I are going to go out to eat for lunch. There is a nice family restaurant in a nearby town. We like to go there for fish on Friday's. The portions are so generous you almost have enough for another meal.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Florida Cat will you be affected by the new tropical storm that is forming?
Janet Alliesmama
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

alliesmama4 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:11 am Florida Cat will you be affected by the new tropical storm that is forming?
No, it looks like Florida’s east (Atlantic) coast may be affected. I’m on the west (Gulf) coast. I do hope that we get some rain out of it, however.

Those poor people in the Bahamas look like they might be in the path.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Friday morning,

I have plans for dinner tonight with my oldest 2 girlfriends. It should be fun.

I did some online trouble-shooting with my phone and found out that when moving from an iPhone, I needed to de-register with iMessage. So hopefully that will fix the issue. My friend K and I have been texting each other, but they are not coming through. so she called me yesterday. So that is good.

It is Friday, so I have my laundry going. I don't miss the 10 loads a week I did when there were 4 of us.

Have a great day,
Maggie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:23 am No, it looks like Florida’s east (Atlantic) coast may be affected. I’m on the west (Gulf) coast. I do hope that we get some rain out of it, however.

Those poor people in the Bahamas look like they might be in the path.
Good to hear you will be ok..I feel so sorry for the people who are getting slammed again.
Janet Alliesmama