Daily Check-In, Sept. 13, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Re: Daily Check-In, Sept. 13, 2019

Post by rinty »

DFlorida, I do find it odd when you list that you were nice to people.........isn't that a given ? Surely, its like saying breathing is a good thing to keep you healthy ?

Yay, Friday, Beautiful weather and its gonna be warm and sunny all weekend :)

DH has already food shopped ( he is Yellow sticker trained so its fine ) washed the floors and hoovered. So my lot is bathrooms and laundry. Its just the two of us so hardly a hassle.

DH picked up two gigantor Yellow sticker chickens, didn't need fruit or veg ( obviously with the allotment ) so he just bought from the list. we did need dog food though.....pets ain't frugal !!!!

Work has been very very very busy and I was fine with that til today when someone landed "stuff " and it was implied I and some other "workers" as opposed to "shirkers" might Get 'Er Done. Not a freaking chance. ;)

I sat down for an hour before hitting the laundry. Made some phone calls, off to make dinner with DH, apparently Italian ;)
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Hi, frugals. I babysat for my single mom friend this morning so she could go to a job interview, then took my homeless buddy to get a haircut and we got chicken sandwiches for lunch, which was a little spendy, but he needs to feel valued and enjoy normal activities.

There was a break in a water main last night and much of downtown was without water and shut down today. It was fun to breeze through the usually traffic-clogged streets. Not fun to be under a boil water order, but that's life. I have two stockpots big enough to cook a young turkey in just for such occasions and have the boiled water cooling on the stove right now.

It's very hot in southern Tennessee. Leaves are falling because ir's so hot and dry. Can't wait for the autumn rains.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I'm ready for a yard sale tomorrow.

I used to just give my stuff away - but nope. Might as well get something back!

Getting rid of things i do not use - shoes, clothes, handbags.

This is the first birthday year that i have not bought myself a name brand purse.

Used to be my little treat to myself, but no longer does anything for me.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:51 pm Hi, frugals. I babysat for my single mom friend this morning so she could go to a job interview, then took my homeless buddy to get a haircut and we got chicken sandwiches for lunch, which was a little spendy, but he needs to feel valued and enjoy normal activities.

There was a break in a water main last night and much of downtown was without water and shut down today. It was fun to breeze through the usually traffic-clogged streets. Not fun to be under a boil water order, but that's life. I have two stockpots big enough to cook a young turkey in just for such occasions and have the boiled water cooling on the stove right now.

It's very hot in southern Tennessee. Leaves are falling because ir's so hot and dry. Can't wait for the autumn rains.
Mackie you are such a blessing to these people.. You are amazing. I know you do not always feel well and struggle with getting through your day yet you do so much for others.. ((hug)).
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:02 pm I'm ready for a yard sale tomorrow.

I used to just give my stuff away - but nope. Might as well get something back!

Getting rid of things i do not use - shoes, clothes, handbags.

This is the first birthday year that i have not bought myself a name brand purse.

Used to be my little treat to myself, but no longer does anything for me.
Good luck with your yard sale.
Janet Alliesmama
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Good evening everyone,

Crazy times. I worked two job assignments today. They were both posted incorrectly on the assignment roster so it took some doing to get them all sorted and the times correct. I have timesheets flying all over the school district this month; hopefully they all wind up in the correct place.

This heat can go away any time. It was so hot working today. I am booked for three mornings yard duty next week. Then bowling on Thursday. Next Friday is my only open day. Hoping for cooler weather. I am hoping for a nice quiet weekend. I have housework that needs doing. That never ends.

My dog has been throwing temper tantrums off and on today. Apparently he is not getting his way about things. :lol:

I am ready to hit the hay. Each week ends up being busy it seems. Have a good evening everyone!

Bev