Daily Check in Sept 16, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in Sept 16, 2019

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

I slept well last night until 7:30 a.m.

Jackie, amazing that your temps will reach 100 F.

I have bloodwork this morning in a few minutes so no breakfast yet. I have a muffin in my tote bag because I’ll go from the lab to mom’s house.

It rained at my house last evening so I hope her house got it. I probably won’t do anything in the yard. I’ll pick up the TV antenna to try at my house and also see if mom’s college yearbook is in the closet. There are still a few books there. I have another guide from her college with her schedule written inside. If I can, I’m going to walk around the campus area when I’m in RI.

I started watching Homeland last night (library dvd) but I’m sure I won’t get through the 12 episodes by Friday. I’m not sure if dvds can be renewed. I previously watched a few episodes of Homeland when I briefly had Hulu but I’m starting from the beginning again.

Have a good day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

How do people do it?

Get up so early and be ready to be all chipper by 9am!!

My family is already texting and yapping - talk about early birds.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:57 am How do people do it?

Get up so early and be ready to be all chipper by 9am!!

My family is already texting and yapping - talk about early birds.
Clem I go to bed late and rarely go to sleep until around 1:00 AM to maybe 3:00 AM or later.. Last night it was 3:00 AM. Woke up around 6:45 AM bright eyed and bushy tailed and chipper... I do not know why or how I do it. I was the same way when I had a job. Never went to bed before midnight because if I did I would wake up in the middle of the night.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning everyone. We have another scorching hot day ahead of us. Teddi has a grooming appointment at 12 noon. He really needs it he smells like an old sock. Although he is a house dog and only goes out to potty he really gets smelly quickly. I am going to start to take him for grooming every three weeks if they can work him in. The place where he goes is very reasonable in cost and in fact is cheaper taking him every three weeks there compared to other salons every 4 to six weeks.They were recently voted the best dog groomers in the area and unless you are already a client you cannot get an appointment. So happy he is already established there. While we wait for him my aide and I will do some cherry picking at some of the local stores.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good afternoon...
It's warm but pretty pleasant outside today ...

Been playing plumber ... One of the toilets has needed some jiggling to shut off after flushing. But Saturday, nothing worked. We then realized the toilet shut-off valve didn't work either.

So on Sunday, DH (for reasons that still escape me) flushes said toilet. It keeps running; we have to use the main shut-off valve. Fortunately, we keep water on hand.

Remembered that when the plumber repaired a shut-off valve, he simply changed the washer. :o So ... I check YouTube, then take the valve apart; the washer is in pieces. A trip to the hardware store, 50 cents for a washer and the shut-off now works. (Had to deal with a small flood when I got back ... put a bucket under the pipe, but it overflowed.

As for the fill valve ... dunno. Busted? Piece of washer in there? I can't get it apart to find out. At least life can get back to semi-normal while we figure out what to do. (Which reminds me ... I need to restart the washer. Had a load going when all he77 broke loose.)
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

LWolfT wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:31 pm Good afternoon...
It's warm but pretty pleasant outside today ...

Been playing plumber ... One of the toilets has needed some jiggling to shut off after flushing. But Saturday, nothing worked. We then realized the toilet shut-off valve didn't work either.

So on Sunday, DH (for reasons that still escape me) flushes said toilet. It keeps running; we have to use the main shut-off valve. Fortunately, we keep water on hand.

Remembered that when the plumber repaired a shut-off valve, he simply changed the washer. :o So ... I check YouTube, then take the valve apart; the washer is in pieces. A trip to the hardware store, 50 cents for a washer and the shut-off now works. (Had to deal with a small flood when I got back ... put a bucket under the pipe, but it overflowed.

As for the fill valve ... dunno. Busted? Piece of washer in there? I can't get it apart to find out. At least life can get back to semi-normal while we figure out what to do. (Which reminds me ... I need to restart the washer. Had a load going when all he77 broke loose.)
Congratulations on the washer! Thank you, YouTube!

Are you sure it isn’t the flapper rather than the fill valve? That is my go-to toilet fix. I know fill valves can also be adjusted but I’ve never been good at doing it.