Daily Check in Sept 16, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Re: Daily Check in Sept 16, 2019

Post by rinty »

Hey All,

DH and I weekend away camping on the coast, taking advantage of the good weather. We love it, we were sat there on the beach in camping chairs with two exhausted dogs in the late afternoon yesterday. Camping cost was a MAHOOSIVE £16 and we take food along. Had nice ice creams though ! ;)

Home to rain today, Got FREE cake at breaktime as its National Teaching Assistant day.............a 15 min break AND a fresh cream scone, life is good !

Work was okay today, the children were all onside and we were rested and refreshed so it was no effort going in.

DH brought in another large mixing bowlful of tomatoes from the garden. I threw the camping laundry in when we got home and DH put it on the line..........sadly it started to rain a little , I am leaving it on the line, its supposed to be sunny tomorrow.

Dinner tonight, wildly unhealthy, gammon steaks, hashbrowns and eggs. Breakfast was toast and I had a salad at lunch.

This weeks meal plan is toast/cereal or porridge for breakfast.............salads for lunch tuna/egg or cheese...........and dinners are those gammon steaks for Monday. A Yellowsticker chicken in the crockpot ofr Tuesday, stir fry chicken/veg and noodles Wednesday and soup ofr Thursday.......probably veg made with chicken stock.

NO Spending needed all week, plenty of petrol/food/toiletries on hand. Two days of childcare, usual school hours and Craft Club. I brought back a bag of pebbles from a beach ( note........do NOT do this, I did as I know the folk in Craft Club will do them and then take them and leave them about for people to find in the countryside )

A good week anyway.

While we were camping we met a nice lady in a small motorhome ( we'd love a motorhome !) She and I got talking, she had spent the previous night in tears as her campsite was so noisy..........she , like ourselves, had disabled children and she was single, she was in tears as " this is my respite ". DH was keen to tell her about the campsites we enjoy , and she turned up at our site later in the day, its beautiful, buried in the countryside but a 3 /4 mile drive to the beach. Ultimate relaxation !

I will rationalise our camping " stuff " for short and long breaks, we hauled TOO MUCH STUFF ;)

I was pleased we did a lot of Use It Up...........the hot chocolate, some random biscuits, toiletries etc.

Have a good time this week all,
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Success with my TV antenna! I’ll be able to watch DWTS on ABC without cable or a streaming service. I had to move the antenna to the other side of the TV and run the channel scan again. I really did not know what I was doing but it worked.

This is a cheap antenna we bought 4-5 years ago at Best Buy when mom decided she wanted a TV in her bedroom where there was no cable outlet. Didn’t really work out. Too many trees and most stations too far away. I know there are better antennas but I don’t feel I need the other channels but I’m happy to have ABC. (The scan found 31 channels, mostly shopping and religious.)

There was 2” in the rain gauge at mom’s house so a good amount and more than I thought I got at my house.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I restrung a simple necklace. Pitched a bunch of beads I didn’t want. I gave away most of my jewelry making supplies to my daughter-in-law and a friend. My daughter-in-law got the sterling silver and semiprecious stones my friend got the base metal findings and glass beads. I did keep my tools.

I have been doing the paperwork for housing. I have a lot of medical expenses that they do take a percentage into consideration for determining my monthly rent.

I also wasted a lot of time looking for paperwork that I hadn’t put back into the file. I did find it along with a missing notebook.

I heated up some chicken and cooked some corn for a dinner. Once I retired I fix dinner at noon most days.

Penny
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning,

Dogs and I were walking this morning and got caught in RAIN !!!! Good grief !

We are not made of "spun sugar" so no harm done :D

LOL when we got home they were both wanting to be dried off first . or maybe more of a "pay attention to me and not to her :lol: "

DH's hearing aid brock a couple of days ago, so he has one in that doesn't fit, it whistles, driving me nuts. he is going to go in to Costco and hopefully get it repaired and order new ones for back up. The reason that I am upset is that , I asked him to have back ups and he felt that he didn't need them :cry: AND last year when DH bought that $27,000 car (that has only been driven 400 miles in the year) he insisted in using the money that I had set aside for his hearing aids toward the car.

I have sinking accounts for monthly yearly things and he "drained" several accounts :cry: Of course the sinking accounts are building back up :)

Oh well.

IC
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Typing by pecking with one hand and normal typing with the other.

Hubby and I were pulling out the furniture in the living room and when we got to the doorway a bit of wiggling needed to happen. Of course Jackie had her hand and fingers where they shouldn't be and managed to get one finger pinched. I didn't realize how badly pinched until the part of the furniture was out the door. When I looked down I had blood running like a small creek down my arm. I ran to the bathroom and tried to stop the bleeding by running cold water over my wound. Not happening. So three band aids later, a rather large amount of gauze wrapped around the injured digit and another band aid holding the gauze in place I am waiting for the bleeding to stop so I can look at it and perhaps use a butterfly bandage to pull the split together.

I have cleaned the blood out of the sink, off the walls, the various first aid items I pulled out, and off the floor. Good thing it was cleaning the bath room day.

The humongous wrapped digit is causing a bit of a problem with household tasks, but I will persevere. Just take twice as long to get anything completed.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by Jackielou » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:11 pm

Update

Typing by pecking with one hand and normal typing with the other.

Hubby and I were pulling out the furniture in the living room and when we got to the doorway a bit of wiggling needed to happen. Of course Jackie had her hand and fingers where they shouldn't be and managed to get one finger pinched. I didn't realize how badly pinched until the part of the furniture was out the door. When I looked down I had blood running like a small creek down my arm. I ran to the bathroom and tried to stop the bleeding by running cold water over my wound. Not happening. So three band aids later, a rather large amount of gauze wrapped around the injured digit and another band aid holding the gauze in place I am waiting for the bleeding to stop so I can look at it and perhaps use a butterfly bandage to pull the split together.

I have cleaned the blood out of the sink, off the walls, the various first aid items I pulled out, and off the floor. Good thing it was cleaning the bath room day.

The humongous wrapped digit is causing a bit of a problem with household tasks, but I will persevere. Just take twice as long to get anything completed.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackie please go to the Emergency Room if the bleeding continues. Also make sure you have had a Tetnus shot in the last 5 years.

Penny