Daily Check in Sept 16, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check in Sept 16, 2019

Post by LWolfT »

colonialgirl wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:10 pm Does anyone here follow football besides me? I love football. I am telling you what, there is a young quarterback named Patrick Mahomes that plays for KC. His performance yesterday was absolutely thrilling. He is the absolute best quarterback I have ever seen - hands down. The kind of talent that comes along once in a generation and is just thrilling to watch. I kinda of feel like a Roman at the coliseum - I mean I know and hate the head injury information and I guess likely that someday there will be no football because of the danger. But I can't help it - I love it and I am just going to watch and send up a prayer for the players safety.
I'm not a huge fan, but I don't mind watching a good game. Did you happen to see the Chicago/Denver game. Talk about a last-second victory for the Bears!
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

alliesmama4 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:29 pm That is amazing that you were able to fix the valve so easily.. you go girl.
Thanks ... it actually was pretty simple, though it took a while to find the right-size washer at the store. I'm just really happy I didn't have to pay the plumber $XXX to walk in the door.

(BTW, I enjoy hockey, too ... though to me, it seems easier to watch on TV)
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

I know LWolfe -
It was great. Da Bears are my team - not that they win often or anything but I love them. But I have several that I root for - the Browns, KC, Bengals. Haha - guess I like the underdogs. Anyone but Dallas, New England or the Az Cardinals are good for me.
snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

Hi Yall!

I worked this weekend so I wasnt on as much. I didnt buy anything out of the cafeteria today! So I saved money there, I cooked at home, no going out to eat. I did not purchase anything yesterday, So yesterday was no spend. Today I am gonna get some studying done and possibly some relaxing.

Wish me well.

Lenni
KellyinSC

Post by KellyinSC »

Thank you for the warm welcomes yesterday :)

Jackie, I hope your hand heals quickly :(

FLcatlover, I have been pulling out the heirlooms lately myself- quilts and dishes I had stored away. If I don't use them now, then when will I? And sadly, I doubt my children will treasure them as much as I do. They are attached to my memories, not theirs. I am glad your coverlet is in good condition.

I had work today and had to work late so that was basically my entire day. I had a very busy but frugal weekend- stayed in, cooked, visited my mom. My mom gave me her bread maker and I made my first loaf and it turned out really well. She also gave me some supplies for sewing projects but I haven't started on anything yet. I am enjoying the challenge of being more frugal because I am home more and doing things that feel more rewarding than being out spending money. I hope the enjoyment will last for a very long time!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

snowangel729 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:16 pm Hi Yall!

I worked this weekend so I wasnt on as much. I didnt buy anything out of the cafeteria today! So I saved money there, I cooked at home, no going out to eat. I did not purchase anything yesterday, So yesterday was no spend. Today I am gonna get some studying done and possibly some relaxing.

Wish me well.

Lenni
Good luck Snowangel.. You are doing a very difficult thing balancing school work with being a wife, Mom, and a family provider. You are amazing.. Keep up the good work.
Janet Alliesmama