Daily check-in September 17, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily check-in September 17, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

icfrugal1 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:56 pm Good morning,

Have an appt at costco at 12:30 today for DH's hearing aid, we are hoping that they can repair his mold, we will still be ordering new molds for back up.

Today is our 36 year annv !!! Nothing has been said by both of us :roll:

This Afternoon Goldie has an appt for some shots.

And it's garbage day, so busy day.

IC
Happy Annivetsary.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:22 am Hi everyone,

I drove 27 miles (one way) to the Pizza joint for dinner with my support/social group friends. It is well worth my mental health. Called to check on DGS2. He has a full-blown sinus infection. He seems to have inherited his Grandfather's allergies. I am not having issue again this year.

My olf friend form Chicago, who was instrumental in introducing me to EX agreed to be a witness for the Annulment petition. Still waiting to see if I hear from exDIFL. I despise the no response answer. It wastes precious time.

Have a great day,
Maggie
I sure hope you get an answer very soon. Do you have others who could write letters as well?
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by floridacatlover » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:11 am

Good morning all.

Clem, I can totally relate to what you said yesterday about not being an early morning person. I was lucky in my career to have jobs that let me start work at 9 or 9:30. I guess I would have coped but it would have been difficult with jobs as a nurse or high school teacher that started at 7 a.m.

So ... I slept in this morning until almost 8:30. I feel good. But I threw my clothes on to move my plants and my car because the pressure cleaning guy will come this morning. I’ll be SO glad to get that done. This is a new company recommended by the guy I’ve had do it in the past because he no longer does pressure cleaning.

I’m hoping to get my hair colored later today. Then run to Publix for a few things. I have a $5/$40 Winn Dixie coupon that is accepted by Publix but I don’t have enough on my list to buy. So if I see someone with a big basket of food I’ll give that person the coupon. When I’ve given the coupon in the past some people are thankful and other people think I’m nuts. I look for an elderly woman because they typically are the thankful ones.

Have a good day.
When I have a coupon like that I buy a gift card to make up the difference. I of course choose one I know I will use. Even the same store.

I have always gotten my discount.

Penny
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by alliesmama4 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:45 pm

I was re-certified for in home help 16 hours a week. However she said I have reserve hours that can be used up to 80 hours per month.. This service qualifies me for medicaid as my medicare supplement. Due to having ALS no medicare supplement insurance company will accept me. So I can breath easy for another year.
Wonderful news.

Penny
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Janet, that is great news!

I managed to get off work on time this afternoon for the first time in ages. It was great to get home before rush hour and have the energy to do a few chores.

DH got me up early this morning for a 7:45 a.m. appointment for routine fasting blood work. That giant cup of coffee from McDonald's that I splurged on was so tasty afterward!
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

itspennyc wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:15 pm When I have a coupon like that I buy a gift card to make up the difference. I of course choose one I know I will use. Even the same store.

I have always gotten my discount.

Penny
Good idea but the coupons put out by stores in my area specifically exclude gift cards, stamps and a few other things like alcohol and tobacco. I wish that I could buy gift cards or even stamps as part of the $ toward the coupon.