Daily Check-in September 19, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check-in September 19, 2019

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have a Gingerbread cookie mix that needs using so I am making cookies. I am not planing on making Gingerbread boys just Ginger Snaps.

Penny
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Back from our camping/kayak trip. Cleaning out the camper...doing laundry.
I need to grocery shop and then off to my DGD's soccer game.
Beautiful Fall like day here.
Hope to find some good sales at the grocery store, we are out of everything.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...
Sunny and warm today ... Janet, I hope you get some rest today!

Actually, I'm sleeping better since I banned the furries from the bedroom at night. I don't mind them sleeping there ... but being awakened two or three hours before the alarm goes off got pretty old.

So, dishwasher is going ... I have some kitchen work to do. The dirt is now out of the driveway (it's really hard to back around something you can't see!) Found another glass place, so I'll give them a call.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

LWolfT wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:14 am Good morning ...
Sunny and warm today ... Janet, I hope you get some rest today!

Actually, I'm sleeping better since I banned the furries from the bedroom at night. I don't mind them sleeping there ... but being awakened two or three hours before the alarm goes off got pretty old.

So, dishwasher is going ... I have some kitchen work to do. The dirt is now out of the driveway (it's really hard to back around something you can't see!) Found another glass place, so I'll give them a call.
I finally got to sleep somewhere around 3:30 AM but had to get up at 6:30 AM to take the trash to my brothers house. The trash truck comes really early. I do not like to take it over the night before when it is so hot since sometimes it gets really smelly with the heat and attract critters. I only have one bag and anything that is smells is double bagged in the trash container in my house or fridge. My aide came and did the dishes and some laundry and I fell asleep while she was here. I just woke up due to Teddi throwing up. Poor little guy. I do not know what causes him to get sick so often... I told my aide if I fell asleep she could go home. This is a short day for her and she can make up the hours another time.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:52 am Back from our camping/kayak trip. Cleaning out the camper...doing laundry.
I need to grocery shop and then off to my DGD's soccer game.
Beautiful Fall like day here.
Hope to find some good sales at the grocery store, we are out of everything.
Hope you had a great time.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

mbrudnic wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:47 am Good morning friends,

At the office today. (Whoop-whoop!) People's behavior on Facebook is driving me nuts. If I weren't looking to expanding my social activities, I might give it up. A sweet second-grade teacher I know well posted about dress-up day. She dressed as Snow White and she and her Mom made hats for all the kids to be dwarfs. Great! But she had to start the post out saying ?My Mom is better than your Mom" Why couldn't it be "My Mom is the greatest"? I also hate what I call the "bullying posts" Post this if you.... Those get under my skin. Ok off my soapbox.

I have an appointment(!) at the YMCA (!) tonight. It is for an orientation of the fitness room. I've got to get out of my home more.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Boy Maggie, I sure agree with you about FB and you are right about the "bulling posts" great way to put it :D

The other thing that I hate on FB are the "mystery" posts "pray for >>>>>>>>>>" but not telling you for what so to speak then people asking what and then PM to some people . I don't reply to those.

And the "I'm trimming my FB list, so then people FB saying pls keep me on your list. I don't reply to those either and as far as I know I have not been "cut" LOL

IC