Daily Check-in September 19, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in September 19, 2019

Post by clemencia2us »

Ate an early lunch and feel a little better.

At least one thing is put to rest. A couple of female sibings worry so much about piddling little things. A debt collection letter for a store credit card belonging to my mom. The woman probably used it last almost ten years ago. Very small balance. They just go on about this. They think the police are going to come pounding on their doors or something. :o

Then yesterday a cousin is going to take care of her sibing that will not be able to walk for at least a few months. Will be in a wheelchair. He is over 65. She is 70. The social worker at the rehab place said they could get a ramp built at her house at no cost to her. She said no, because she thinks the "government" will come take her house. How does she expect to get him up the steps? I guess she will manage. She could have at least asked for details. Other stories like that.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good grief, what a morning so far :?

Poor Goldie is very submissive, here she is a 76.2# doggie and when BB and I walk her she has her tail between her legs. :( :(

This morning something startled her and she "bucked" like a horse and headed for the street. I was able to hold her back, barely. I think that a car went by very fast.???

Then I noticed that she had "&#@!" on her self, poor doggie. then her tail was REALLY between her legs.

Then we got her home, my plan was to take her though the house to the backyard to clean her up. She squatted down and &#@! on the tiles :( This is VERY unusual behavior for her. I did NOT punish her. So I lead her to the back yard cleaned the tile and then cleaned her up with the hose. Good grief.

She is caught between not wanting to go out, but not wanting to be left behind. she is people and dog friendly.

Poor Goldie , poor mommy.

DH thanked me for cleaning her up and not punishing her. Good grief. Of course I cleaned her up, and of course she was not punished.

I think that this was the first time that I had to clean her up like this, usually it's mud.

IC
Last edited by icfrugal1 on Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

I feel shell-shocked!! My surgeonโ€™s office just called me! Instead of the estimated month before surgery, I Now Have 4 DAYS!! Surgery is scheduled for Sept 23rd!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Iโ€™m fine though, just ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ and repeating myself, and no i didn't just put the eggs in my recipe cupboard, and put an empty dirt salsa bottle on the pantry. ๐Ÿ˜‰

So MUCH TO DO!!
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: โ†‘Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:16 pm I feel shell-shocked!! My surgeonโ€™s office just called me! Instead of the estimated month before surgery, I Now Have 4 DAYS!! Surgery is scheduled for Sept 23rd!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Iโ€™m fine though, just ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ and repeating myself, and no i didn't just put the eggs in my recipe cupboard, and put an empty dirt salsa bottle on the pantry. ๐Ÿ˜‰

So MUCH TO DO!!
So much to do, but happy I hope, we will be thinking of you and praying for you.

Let the "kids" and your DH pick up some of the burdens as you get ready for your surgery.

I know it's hard for you, but PLS put yourself first, you must do this. :)

DH is a grown man, he can fix a few meals for a bit.

Love IC
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: โ†‘Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:16 pm I feel shell-shocked!! My surgeonโ€™s office just called me! Instead of the estimated month before surgery, I Now Have 4 DAYS!! Surgery is scheduled for Sept 23rd!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

So MUCH TO DO!!
Gayle so sorry you are feeling overwhelmed with so much to do so quickly. Take a couple of minutes to sit down and breath and calm down.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

icfrugal1 wrote: โ†‘Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:58 pm Good grief, what a morning so far :?

Poor Goldie is very submissive, here she is a 76.2# doggie and when BB and I walk her she has her tail between her legs. :( :(

This morning something startled her and she "bucked" like a horse and headed for the street. I was able to hold her back, barely. I think that a car went by very fast.???

Then I noticed that she had "&#@!" on her self, poor doggie. the nher tail was REALLY between her legs.

Then we got her home, my plan was to take her though the house to the backyard to clean her up. She squatted down and &#@! on the tiles :( This is VERY unusual behavior for her. I did NOT punish her. So I lead her to the back yard cleaned the tile and then cleaned her up with the hose. Good grief.

She is caught between not wanting to go out, but not wanting to be left behind. she is people and dog friendly.

Poor Goldie , poor mommy.

DH thanked me for cleaning her up and not punishing her. Good grief. Of course I cleaned her up, and of course she was not punished.

I think that this was the first time that I had to clean her up like this, usually it's mud.

IC
I also have a very skittish dog. She has been on a leash once! And that was when i took her to the vet to get spayed. Getting her back in the car afterwards was something else.

She was shaking the other day when she heard a loud truck. She will run to the door to go back insided. She does love being outside but will only be out there if i am there. If she sees the COD in the kitchen on her way out, she will not go. Yesterday i carried her out. That was dumb. She is my biggest dog and i know weighs over 50 lbs.

I hope that she will get better.