Recession?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
colonialgirl

Re: Recession?

Post by colonialgirl »

Well DG - I would take issue of your characterization of "successful businessman". Six filings of bankruptcy doesn't seem to support that.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Dgflorida wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:22 am I agree IC, the CD market is lousy. And there doesn't seem to be any good place that is safe.
Won't get any better for a while, either. I see today that some CD rates dropped today after the Fed's cut in the benchmark interest rate, though there are still a few good options out there.

But yet, the president took to Twitter to slam the Fed for not dropping rates to zero or into negative territory.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

colonialgirl wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:40 am Well DG - I would take issue of your characterization of "successful businessman". Six filings of bankruptcy doesn't seem to support that.
Yes, I laughed when I saw “successful businessman.” Successful conman is more like it.

There must be something really terrible in Trump’s taxes for him to go to such lengths to keep them from being public. Look at today. I hope that NY state, Congress or someone gets hold of them. I thought during the campaign he said he’d release them when the “IRS audit” was complete. Another lie.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

LWolfT wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:18 pm Won't get any better for a while, either. I see today that some CD rates dropped today after the Fed's cut in the benchmark interest rate, though there are still a few good options out there.

But yet, the president took to Twitter to slam the Fed for not dropping rates to zero or into negative territory.
I have several CDs coming due in October. Bad timing. But I’m thinking of putting at least some for longer terms. Like you said, it will only get worse. (I like that website you suggested for CD rates awhile ago. Thanks.)
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Dgflorida wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:58 am Thanks you for the correction. Please note: Logics broker is the source of the information that our current President will not allow a recession before he is re-elected.

I do not consider CNN or Yahoo to be a source of good financial information, therefore I do not read them.

I do agree that historically a recession seems to occur every decade. We will have to see if it holds true under a successful businessman compared to past ones under a politician. However, the world economy has historically pulled us down and the EU certainly is trying to go into a recession. So I am also watchful. But I hope Logics' broker is right.

Debatable, but a waste of time and energy.
Last edited by LogicsHere on Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

colonialgirl wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:40 am Well DG - I would take issue of your characterization of "successful businessman". Six filings of bankruptcy doesn't seem to support that.
I heartily agree.