Daily Check-in September 22, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in September 22, 2019

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Enjoying the really nice weather right now, low to mid 80s through Monday.

Finally got to Madame Tussauds and enjoyed the time out immensely. I thought it was about 7 years I've wanted to go but when I checked its opening, that was in 2000. I took some pictures and one young man helped me take a picture with the Queen. I am definitely smartphone challenged. One of the exhibits featured a 10 minute movie featuring a fight between the Marvel heroes. It turned out that everytime water was spilled or sprayed, we in the audience got sprayed too!!! When it was over I walked over to Bryant Park where I was going to have lunch but I couldn't find the place where many of the people had bought these great looking salads and I didn't want to interrupt them so I ended up going to a Chick Fillet(sp?).

Went to the park yesterday morning. Might go again today.

So glad the Fall TV begins tomorrow. It's been a boring summer with regard to tv. But I did have other activities that helped fill up the time.

Well, have cleaned out all the "old" meat and am restocked with fresh the last 2-3 weeks.

Tonight is mini rigatoni with a salad for dinner.

Well off to get my newspaper. Have a wonderful day.
Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check-in September 22, 2019

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all,

It is an incredible, open windows fall morning here in Florida. Much cooler than normal, a delight.

It has been a successful week. In addition, I have a new grandson, born yesterday morning. They were not able to get to the hospital. In fact, they didn't have time to get out of the house and the baby was born in their bathroom with my son, the father catching the baby. We told him that makes him a super Dad. The EMS and midwife arrived after and said both baby and mom were fine and didn't need to go to the hospital at all. Fabulous.

This week, I signed off on my new kitchen due to be installed in late October. I paid with my cc which means I get reward points. I also bought a new range hood that the handyman will put in on Thursday. He will also fix the second toilet while he is here. The grass got mowed. I had my annual checkup which is free and I get a gift card for doing. I also got my reward points gift cards in the mail. Those should pay for one of my new kitchen appliances.

I have been working on my fly baby steps in house chores and 6 of 7 days I have been successful at my baby step. I did 5 trashcans of flower bed weeds that were picked up on Thursday and I have 2 cans filled already for next Thursday. My knee limits me, so it is as good as I can do.

Today, I am grateful that my new grand baby is healthy. My prayer today is for all those people who are filled with hate in their heart. May you find peace. Have a good day.
rinty

Post by rinty »

Hey Logics !

So glad you enjoyed Mme Tussauds. Its a great place to go in London so I imagine its other venues are equally good. I liked the pic of you and the Queen !

Back after another weekend at the beach...........they promise sunshine...........we go to the beach ;) Life is good, lets enjoy it. Especially at £16 per night. This weekend was real bargain basement territory............" shall we go, we have this to use up ?" I think we spent £6 other than petrol and the £16 camp site fees each night.

DH meal planned as I was at work, the meals were PERHAPS not my choice but they were edible. We were camping after all 8-)

Meal plan for this coming week will NOT include fried food....just sayin'

Like all of us, thinking about Gayle. Personally I hope she get to stay in as long as she needs and isn't rushed home. Prayers said for you, lovey !

The car is still packed to the gun' hales and I should be hauling it out but we have a DGK on hand and I need to plan a meal for this evening to feed thema nd their parents..........something pasta based probably ! If I can be bothered to do a dessert it will be simple.............brownies or date slice.

Either would give us desserts for the week so both options are good !

I said to DH we need plain food this coming week, we both have a busy week ahead and don't need to be phaffing around cooking and cleaning up and NUTHIN' involving pork products after this weekend.

We had a successful email regarding our Tumble Dryer. it had died and I hadn't replaced it, trying to manage without and be greener.......but realistically they are so handy. I never throw soaking wet things in there or heavy stuff like jeans or wet towels.

Anyway DH pointed out ours was one of the recalled dryers so he sent them an email with our registered details they had of when and where we had bought it..............they agreed we quailified and gave us 5 options,all of which were good.

1.£70 cash refund
2.FREE small tumble dryer ( vented)
3.FREE small tumble dryer ( condenser)
4. £59 for a large vented tumble dryer FREE delivery and they take away our old one
5.£99 for a large condenser Tumble dryer FREe delivery etc.

Very good customer service , eh ? We chose the large vented dryer @ £59 which is an incredibly good deal, I'd expect to pay at least £100 more for any size tumble dryer !

Anway still got half a tank of petrol, and around £10 in my purse, no bills to pay and we have DS to stay next weekend. Work is very busy this week so no chance to spend if I wanted to ;)

LittleMiss how lovely your relationship with MrB has become, love that he sorted out the garage and that he is there for youx
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

Gayle, thinking of you as you get ready to travel to SLC today for your surgery tomorrow. (((Hugs)))

I slept in a bit this morning because I have early mornings (for me) the next two days.

The brunch yesterday was fun. I met a few new ladies who live at the other end of the neighborhood. They are planning these ladies brunches for every other month.

Today I’ll go to mom’s house. Hope the a/c is still running OK since the fix! I’ll do a bit in the yard. I’d like to trim the second ixora in the front yard but it may be too sunny. The a/c issue preoccupied me and I never checked the garage for potting soil so I’ll do that today. Then I’ll go to Home Depot to buy my mulch.

I’m almost finished season one of Homeland (really good!) so I checked the library online and will pick up season two tomorrow or Tuesday. This show will keep me preoccupied for awhile but I’d also like to get Killing Eve from the library. I’m not missing cable at all.

Have a good day.
Last edited by floridacatlover on Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

rinty wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:51 am Hey Logics !

So glad you enjoyed Mme Tussauds. Its a great place to go in London so I imagine its other venues are equally good. I liked the pic of you and the Queen !

Back after another weekend at the beach...........they promise sunshine...........we go to the beach ;) Life is good, lets enjoy it. Especially at £16 per night. This weekend was real bargain basement territory............" shall we go, we have this to use up ?" I think we spent £6 other than petrol and the £16 camp site fees each night.

DH meal planned as I was at work, the meals were PERHAPS not my choice but they were edible. We were camping after all 8-)

Meal plan for this coming week will NOT include fried food....just sayin'

Like all of us, thinking about Gayle. Personally I hope she get to stay in as long as she needs and isn't rushed home. Prayers said for you, lovey !

The car is still packed to the gun' hales and I should be hauling it out but we have a DGK on hand and I need to plan a meal for this evening to feed thema nd their parents..........something pasta based probably ! If I can be bothered to do a dessert it will be simple.............brownies or date slice.

Either would give us desserts for the week so both options are good !

I said to DH we need plain food this coming week, we both have a busy week ahead and don't need to be phaffing around cooking and cleaning up and NUTHIN' involving pork products after this weekend.

We had a successful email regarding our Tumble Dryer. it had died and I hadn't replaced it, trying to manage without and be greener.......but realistically they are so handy. I never throw soaking wet things in there or heavy stuff like jeans or wet towels.

Anyway DH pointed out ours was one of the recalled dryers so he sent them an email with our registered details they had of when and where we had bought it..............they agreed we quailified and gave us 5 options,all of which were good.

1.£70 cash refund
2.FREE small tumble dryer ( vented)
3.FREE small tumble dryer ( condenser)
4. £59 for a large vented tumble dryer FREE delivery and they take away our old one
5.£99 for a large condenser Tumble dryer FREe delivery etc.

Very good customer service , eh ? We chose the large vented dryer @ £59 which is an incredibly good deal, I'd expect to pay at least £100 more for any size tumble dryer !

Anway still got half a tank of petrol, and around £10 in my purse, no bills to pay and we have DS to stay next weekend. Work is very busy this week so no chance to spend if I wanted to ;)

LittleMiss how lovely your relationship with MrB has become, love that he sorted out the garage and that he is there for youx
Rinty, that is a great deal for a tumble dryer. Here in the U.S. a dryer costs $300 (£240) minimum.

I hope your good weather in the UK holds for my friend who will be there mid-October in London and Salisbury.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good Morning all,

No rain overnight but for some reason my electricity must have flickered off as my clocks were blinking at me when I woke up.
I have sore jaw this morning, I figured out I have been clenching my jaws again, haven't done that in years....not good . I may have to go back to the mouth guard again to stop it. I do know I have been feeling stressed and that is what causes it.
I am feeling stress over things I cannot control. This world is a mess and I feel so powerless to help.

Yesterday I finished stacking the firewood and ended up moving the huge dining room table out and moving a smaller one in. Now I just need to get the huge one into the garage...will use the gator and it will go fine.

I thawed ground beef for today, hamburgers and homemade fries are on the menu.
I need to bathe dogs....that means a load of dog towels afterwards. I also need to water plants inside and out. Full day, but needs done.

Off to drink buckets of coffee and watch my favorite Sunday morning show.

Have a great day, thinking of Gayle and Libby.

JCKItty