Daily Check-in September 22, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check-in September 22, 2019

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:57 am

I’m almost finished season one of Homeland (really good!) so I checked the library online and will pick up season two tomorrow or Tuesday. This show will keep me preoccupied for awhile but I’d also like to get Killing Eve from the library. I’m not missing cable at all.

Have a good day.
I wish I could feel the same way. :( My cable package (tv/internet/phone) is now up to $224 a month. Wish I could find someone to get me hooked up to Roku or other option, etc. Would absolutely need to keep my Hallmark Channels though so don't know if that could be accomplished easily.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I've decided that for now cable is as cable does and were keeping it. We like international sports too much and my sister likes all the home improvement and cooking shows. Plus since we do have a landline the bundle simply makes sense.

Starting to get ready for church and my daughter lordive her just gave me a full sheet printed out of my personal marching and errand orders between now and the wedding on Saturday.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:33 am Good morning all,

It is an incredible, open windows fall morning here in Florida. Much cooler than normal, a delight.

It has been a successful week. In addition, I have a new grandson, born yesterday morning. They were not able to get to the hospital. In fact, they didn't have time to get out of the house and the baby was born in their bathroom with my son, the father catching the baby. We told him that makes him a super Dad. The EMS and midwife arrived after and said both baby and mom were fine and didn't need to go to the hospital at all. Fabulous.

This week, I signed off on my new kitchen due to be installed in late October. I paid with my cc which means I get reward points. I also bought a new range hood that the handyman will put in on Thursday. He will also fix the second toilet while he is here. The grass got mowed. I had my annual checkup which is free and I get a gift card for doing. I also got my reward points gift cards in the mail. Those should pay for one of my new kitchen appliances.

I have been working on my fly baby steps in house chores and 6 of 7 days I have been successful at my baby step. I did 5 trashcans of flower bed weeds that were picked up on Thursday and I have 2 cans filled already for next Thursday. My knee limits me, so it is as good as I can do.

Today, I am grateful that my new grand baby is healthy. My prayer today is for all those people who are filled with hate in their heart. May you find peace. Have a good day.
DG congrats on the new grandson and the bravery of your son and DDIL.. I know some people would not be able to cope with delivery a baby at home.

Edited to add: Thinking back I guess they really did not have a choice..lol At least if your DDIL had a midwife they had gone through birth training.
Last edited by alliesmama4 on Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Janet Alliesmama
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

LogicsHere wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:13 am I wish I could feel the same way. :( My cable package (tv/internet/phone) is now up to $224 a month. Wish I could find someone to get me hooked up to Roku or other option, etc. Would absolutely need to keep my Hallmark Channels though so don't know if that could be accomplished easily.
Logics, did you ever read the suggestions that Maggie, LittleMiss and I gave you on the Hulu thread? You can set up a Roku yourself if you just take a few minutes to read about it. And then get the Philo TV streaming package for $20/month which does have all of your Hallmark Channels. One step at a time and we all would answer your questions. You could probably reduce your internet/phone to $100/month (even if you keep them with the cable package) without the TV. If you feel more comfortable with cable and can afford it then I guess that’s that.

https://www.myfrugalhome.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7747
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning everyone.

Gayle keeping you in my thoughts and prayers..((hug)).

Not much going on here today. I do plan on cooking. I have ten apples that I have picked off of my tree in the last few days. Some will be cooked with a little bit of water, cinnamon, and tiny bit of sugar. I do not like to use sugar sub on cooked apples. They just do not taste the same. I will keep some of the smaller apples in the fridge and they will be used as a snack with peanut butter. I have some chicken left and it will be cooked with some BBQ sauce. I will have some for my dinner and the rest will be divided up in small containers and frozen for a quick meal later on. Also I have sausage thawed out and will make keto sausage gravy which will be for my breakfasts for the coming week. Also will make some tuna fish salad for lunches for a few days this week. Not sure what else.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Dgflorida wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:33 am Good morning all,

It is an incredible, open windows fall morning here in Florida. Much cooler than normal, a delight.

It has been a successful week. In addition, I have a new grandson, born yesterday morning. They were not able to get to the hospital. In fact, they didn't have time to get out of the house and the baby was born in their bathroom with my son, the father catching the baby. We told him that makes him a super Dad. The EMS and midwife arrived after and said both baby and mom were fine and didn't need to go to the hospital at all. Fabulous.

This week, I signed off on my new kitchen due to be installed in late October. I paid with my cc which means I get reward points. I also bought a new range hood that the handyman will put in on Thursday. He will also fix the second toilet while he is here. The grass got mowed. I had my annual checkup which is free and I get a gift card for doing. I also got my reward points gift cards in the mail. Those should pay for one of my new kitchen appliances.

I have been working on my fly baby steps in house chores and 6 of 7 days I have been successful at my baby step. I did 5 trashcans of flower bed weeds that were picked up on Thursday and I have 2 cans filled already for next Thursday. My knee limits me, so it is as good as I can do.

Today, I am grateful that my new grand baby is healthy. My prayer today is for all those people who are filled with hate in their heart. May you find peace. Have a good day.
Congratulations on your new grandson.