Recession?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Recession?

Post by floridacatlover »

For what it’s worth.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/stock-markets-eerie-parallels-to-september-2007-should-raise-recession-fears-2019-09-18?mod=mw_theo_homepage

Is this a reputable business news site? (Yes, I know the answer.)
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I am not going to get into the politics. I would like to point out that many people have failed from time to time during their life journey. The story of the founder of Kentucky Fried Chicken is an example. It used to be that we valued people who failed, got up and dusted themselves off and got back "on that horse." We didn't laugh at them. Since I like fried chicken, I still admire the tenacity of Sanders who after failing again and again brought us Kentucky fried chicken in his later life.

I would like to point out that I didn't say there won't be a recession. And they say market timing is impossible. And after Logics broker suggested Trump would not let one happen in the next 2 years, I have begun looking for evidence and I have found some to support that position. I came across a comment in a financial article. I don't remember the details now, but I remember a "aha" moment. Thanks Logics for sharing that "gem". I am using it.

Europe looks like it is on the brink of recession. There is some high level banking actions going on there trying to stave it off. I don't have enough information to assess the details. I am not happy with the low CD rates just like the rest of you. Historically, we are at the end of the business cycle which traditionally means a slow down. But business likes one of its own in charge and the reduction of regulations. Will it be enough?
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Dgflorida wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:11 am
I would like to point out that I didn't say there won't be a recession. And they say market timing is impossible. And after Logics broker suggested Trump would not let one happen in the next 2 years, I have begun looking for evidence and I have found some to support that position. I came across a comment in a financial article. I don't remember the details now, but I remember a "aha" moment. Thanks Logics for sharing that "gem". I am using it.
What gem? I think that you are having a problem comprehending what I had written and would appreciate it if in the future you don't keep trying to repeat what you thought I said. An opinion is just that, an opinion . . neither here nor there and doesn't mean a hill of beans in the big picture. I asked him what were their thoughts on the subject were and the comment was that they didn't believe that the administration would let it happen - an opinion plain and simple, nothing more and nothing less and should not be used as a point of argument by anyone. The situation will remain a wait and see, however the coincidences between the two are a bit eerie to say the least. Meanwhile I'm going to sit back and enjoy the 6% I'm getting on one of my investment products. No need for defensiveness as construed by your use of quote marks. There are no winners or losers or who's right or who's wrong here and no judgments. As previously stated the subject is debatable but a complete waste of time and effort as it is extremely rare that anyone changes their mind.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Congratulations Logics on an excellent return on that financial product. I enjoy hearing the viewpoints of others on relevant subjects. I'm sorry if my quotation marks offended you. I certainly did not intend to offend you in any way. It was great information. Please accept my apology if you felt offended.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

We are seeing the classic "head and shoulders" of a US stock market correction(10%) or recession (more) according to technical analysis predictions. Interesting times.