Daily check in October 1, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Daily check in October 1, 2019

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning. Welcome to October!

Another lovely day in Florida. A nice shower last evening gave the thirsty plants a drink and the air a cleaning.

The engine light came on again, so I will have to drop by the local auto shop this morning. I talked with the kitchen designer yesterday and explained that I will not be able to respond to the tear out contractor 3 weeks in advance notice of the cabinet delivery because I will be somewhere in the mountains. She said she would let them know when to come. The eye injection for macular degeneration went well this time and the bad eye is almost 20/20, so they are reducing my injections to 6 weeks.

Normal around the house frugal activities. Morning walks with the neighbor. And much improved knee function. Life is good.

Today, I am grateful for my good health. Have a good and frugal day all.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily check in October 1, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

DG, So glad your injections are making a difference.

Another hot day on tap. We are supposed to break a heat record. I am telling myself I will go to the Y after work.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Thanks Maggie.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

One day until my trip. I haven’t packed or even taken my suitcase out of the closet. Don’t want to upset Pippi until absolutely necessary. So I’ll pack tonight.

Today I’m going to see Downton Abbey with friends. They are going to England and then a cruise in mid-October. But I won’t see them again until their return because they have company before they leave. So I’m giving them the £44 I had leftover from my trip to England. My friend asked if I’d like her to pay me in U.S. $ or UK £ when they get home. I said UK £ because that will encourage me to plan another trip.

Before the movie I’ll drop Season 2 of Homeland at the library. Soooo Good! Then after the movie I’ll run to mom’s house. I told neighbors I’d leave my contact info/itinerary on the living room table (they have a key) but I forgot yesterday. I already watered and shut off the water.

Pippi’s Rx food that I ordered arrived yesterday so that is under cover. I have two CDs that will mature while I’m away but wrote myself a note on my medication calendar (which I look at most often) to take care of them as soon as I get back. The bank has (at least right now) some promotional rates. So I don’t want them to just roll over. They are fairly small, my money not mom’s.

It is still hot, 91 expected today. I think tomorrow in RI will also be quite warm but the weather will change on Thursday, similar to what Maggie and Logics have said about their weather. I can’t wait.

Have a good day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Well it seems as if the sun is trying to break through the clouds a bit (only happens once in awhile where the clouds are thinner), so perhaps we will end up with a no rain day. Kind of doubt it though.

I am late this morning because once again I slept in and I am not really feeling that great this morning. I am not sure what is the matter, all I know is that I feel kind of blah. Not a good thing when I have lots to do.

I may put on my winter coat and take a short walk outside at some point this morning. Yep, it is just above freezing here, not what I call early fall weather at all. The long range forecast does show a bit of an uptick, but that is a few days away and the weather changes so rapidly.

I have also noticed the ripening of some of my regular tomatoes, so I think some getting those ready for the freezer needs to be done today as well.

There are a couple of phone calls to do, entering our spending into the budget sheet for last month, some filing, and the regular Tuesday household tasks.

I did manage some sewing yesterday (not as much as I would have liked) and hope to get some more done today. I embroidered, worked on the knitted temperature blanket, worked on the knitted gift I am making for Hubby (slowly but surely things are getting done, just wish it was a bit quicker). I don't think I will make a special goal list for this month. Instead I will work on getting projects completed from previous months (there are a great many of them).

Hubby was out every so often in the drizzle and snow yesterday digging up the potatoes. Right now they are drying in the basement library/bedroom/office. I have a feeling that later this afternoon more will be dug.

I do have some mending and darning of socks to accomplish today as well.

Supper tonight will be a casserole made with the leftover chicken. I was going to make a tetrazzini, but seem to have run out of mushrooms. Guess I will figure out something else. It isn't as if I don't own a cookbook or two or 50 and have access to recipes online.

Today I am grateful for tea to settle my tummy.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Its the first of October and we still have summer temperatures and Summer Weather pattern.

I have a dress wash in the washer. I try and do only one wash load a day, because my new washer doesn’t spin out as well. Thus clothes take almost twice as long as they did with my old washer. It also uses 3 times as much water as the old one did.

I gathered and put out the trash.

My holiday knitting is slowly coming along. I did stop to knit a couple of Gnomes, I love Gnomes you can’t have too many Gnomes.

Penny