Saturday, October 5,2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Saturday, October 5,2019

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning all,

First one to post. At the airport in Rome. When we finally figured out how to get around in Rome, our time was finished!😥😥The airport shuttle bus worked out great this morning- only 6 Euros each and no charge for luggage. Took a little over an hour to get there. Brought along any remaining fruit and yogurt we had bought and have eaten it for an early lunch. Just about to go to security. We had an early breakfast at the hotel. I don’t think Easy Jet even offers a drink but we’ll be fine when we get to London.

Chao everyone! Glad you’re enjoying our adventures.

Creative
gaylejackson2

Oct 5th 2019 Daily check-in

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello all,

Am awake in a strange awake, not awake cycle-also awake to take antibiotic.

Have posted about Thursday’s Dr appt, it was interesting. Lots of people been asking me “How do you feel?”, and I suspect some think this whole kerfuffle not to be a harsh & difficult as it really is because of my cheerful attitude. But truly, “ARGH!! People!! I’m in pain!! Strange pain to be sure, but still pain so stop treating me skeptically!” Okay, sorry for the rant.
*sighs* Upper chest hurt as does right armpit, probably near where Dr Matsen removed the lymph node.

Have been reading tonight to catch up on past check-ins, the “tomorrow” (today) is our Church’s semi-annual broadcasted General Conference!! 💛💗💛 Dh has plans to make applesauce with the remaining apples-I have him half-persuaded to juice them first (it REALLY cuts down on the work of cooking apples) in my Victorio Steamer-Juicer. I am to lounge on couch and do nothing/be available for consultation & information, while he & kids do the work. 😁I’m fine with this arrangement, will take along my book.

Dh will also be canning the applesauce, and any juice not gobbled at lunch. Good experience for he & kids to do the canning.💕

Temps have been at/around freezing several nights now this week, good thing Dh & children picked garden clean on Monday. Daytime temps are high 60’s to low 70’s—yesterday was VERY windy and chilly.

Dh took girls and ds15 to go pick up “side of beef” we bought en-route to SLC Thursday-he, dh, was exhausted and kept dozing off. Dh had ds15 driving, says he has picked ds16’s bad driving habits (I reminded him we’ve not had ds15 out to drive much since getting his learner permit in mid-August). I guess wind was so bad, it was rocking the truck from side to side.
Dh also ordered a hog, cut & wrapped, when he paid for the beef—through a wonderful cash gift from dh’s brother & money made hauling hay on weekends, we are able to purchase this meat, it will last us most of 2years. 💗
Dgflorida

Re: Oct 5th 2019 Daily check-in

Post by Dgflorida »

Prayers and thoughts to you today, Gayle.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Chilly here this morning, 39 degrees . . . brrrrrrrr. Windows are shut and I have my sweater on, but my hands are cold.

Looks like my Plan D situation has been resolved and that I can keep my plan. I had left a message with my doctor's office and although it appears it had not been passed along exactly as I had stated, I found an email from Caremark last night saying my prescription for the new drug was received and is being processed. So I guess the alternative I suggested will work in place of the other one or she would not have changed it. So for 2020 with the changes they made to the plan I'm currently on, not only were the monthly premiums reduced but so were the co-pays for the drugs so I actually will end up paying less for them in 2020 than I did this year. It does pay to examine your drug plan annually. I would have had a rude awakening if I hadn't.

Nothing really planned for today. I might take a look to see if there are any local yard sales . . . not to buy anything as I don't need anything, but just to have something to do.

I can also start putting together the numbers for my budget for next year. I like to have it ready so that I can input the changes on Jan 1.

My sister told me that the Christmas movies on Lifetime had already started this past Monday although their scheduled start is October 25th like Hallmark.

Will have to get a new tea kettle. In attempting to clean the inside yesterday, it was coming out all black so thinking the inside finish was shot, I just tossed it.

Have no idea right now of what I'll have for dinner but as I mentioned, my "pantry" is freshly updated so no extra purchases required.

Well I'll be going for now. Have a wonderful day all.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning Gayle and all.

A bit of a down morning. Today, old dance partner and I will likely cancel our upcoming trip to the Smokies. After months of complaining of dizziness, I nagged him to go to the doctor who ordered immediate scans. His heart is failing. They put him on medication and it made him feel worse. He considered going to the hospital. They reduced the medication. Then he saw another doctor who said simply. "You have to stop drinking(alcohol). Well that was a couple of days ago. He didn't think it would be hard and he feels he doesn't drink that much. ( I disagree, but never tell an alcoholic they drink too much) And a drinker for more than 50 years. Yesterday, he said he felt shaky. Could be the medication withdrawal or the DT. Whatever, not likely to be resolved in 4 days.

My kitchen remodeling project was worked around this trip. It took additional effort to pull it together. A lot of additional effort. Now.....limbo. Of course, everything is set in stone for November and any changes would certainly mess something up.

On the frugal front, I should be able to cancel most travel things without penalty. I will know more about that by the end of the day. Meanwhile the weather is nice and most mornings, the windows are open. Minimal ac costs, but well pump costs up due to very dry conditions and necessary watering. Living a frugal life is good.

Today, I am grateful that my old friend will be confronting his alcoholism hopefully before it takes his life. Have a good and frugal day all.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:15 am Hello all,

Am awake in a strange awake, not awake cycle-also awake to take antibiotic.

Have posted about Thursday’s Dr appt, it was interesting. Lots of people been asking me “How do you feel?”, and I suspect some think this whole kerfuffle not to be a harsh & difficult as it really is because of my cheerful attitude. But truly, “ARGH!! People!! I’m in pain!! Strange pain to be sure, but still pain so stop treating me skeptically!” Okay, sorry for the rant.
*sighs* Upper chest hurt as does right armpit, probably near where Dr Matsen removed the lymph node.

Have been reading tonight to catch up on past check-ins, the “tomorrow” (today) is our Church’s semi-annual broadcasted General Conference!! 💛💗💛 Dh has plans to make applesauce with the remaining apples-I have him half-persuaded to juice them first (it REALLY cuts down on the work of cooking apples) in my Victorio Steamer-Juicer. I am to lounge on couch and do nothing/be available for consultation & information, while he & kids do the work. 😁I’m fine with this arrangement, will take along my book.

Dh will also be canning the applesauce, and any juice not gobbled at lunch. Good experience for he & kids to do the canning.💕

Temps have been at/around freezing several nights now this week, good thing Dh & children picked garden clean on Monday. Daytime temps are high 60’s to low 70’s—yesterday was VERY windy and chilly.

Dh took girls and ds15 to go pick up “side of beef” we bought en-route to SLC Thursday-he, dh, was exhausted and kept dozing off. Dh had ds15 driving, says he has picked ds16’s bad driving habits (I reminded him we’ve not had ds15 out to drive much since getting his learner permit in mid-August). I guess wind was so bad, it was rocking the truck from side to side.
Dh also ordered a hog, cut & wrapped, when he paid for the beef—through a wonderful cash gift from dh’s brother & money made hauling hay on weekends, we are able to purchase this meat, it will last us most of 2years. 💗
Gayle I know you must be in serious pain due to what you had done. I cannot imagine what it feels like.
Glad you were able to salvage things from the garden before it got so cold. Also so happy to hear that your BIL gave you such a wonderful gift that you were able to buy enough meat to get your family through 2 years of food. That is a true blessing.

Teaching children to cook and be responsible and to learn about how things are done is important. My Mom would not take the time to allow us to even be in the kitchen we got in her way. So as an adult on my own I had to learn so much the hard way. My sister started her children off at the age of three since she did not want them to struggle like she did as a new wife. she was in the hospital one time and ladies from the church had brought a casserole and some other things for dinner. My niece, who was 10 at the time, already had a pot roast going..She was highly insulted that they thought they needed someone to bring them food..lol. To this day I have never tackled a roast. Take care.
Janet Alliesmama