Daily Check In October 8, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
colonialgirl

Re: Daily Check In October 8, 2019

Post by colonialgirl »

Morning all -
Up and at em early today - well early for me. I have laundry going and stripped and sprayed the bed with lysol and letting it air. Washing pillow covers before I remake with clean sheets. After a break checking in here, I will be calling my eye surgeon as I got the bill and don't understand what they have written there. Wouldn't it be a great idea to standardize medical bills into one format that was actually understandable? Wouldn't that save tons of money and untold patient frustration? One of my first jobs was medical billing and so I have to wonder if I am confused, how do people with no process understanding decode these things? OK - off my soap box.

I thawed one of my frozen crockpot cook ahead meals last night. So will pop that in the CP at noon. Chicken Alfredo with broccoli that will be served over pasta. This will be the third freezer meal I have tried - one was great and one was eh. We loved the chicken and dressing and would never make the Chicken Pesto again. I hope to find several that we love, because boy this is the easy way to make dinner.

Happy Belated Birthday Maggie. Good wishes to all with physical problems or family with problems.

Watched a show on the Templar knights on the History Channel and it was so interesting. I realized my knowledge of this part of history comes completely from Raiders of the Lost Ark and Robin Hood movies. I need to look for a book on this.

Well off to get back at it. Have a great frugal day all!
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good afternoon ...
Sunny and cool today. I caved and turned on the heat to take the chill out of the house this morning.

Cooking day of sorts. Got the split breasts taken apart and am baking the bones. Should have enough meat off those to make a nice pot of soup. Also put a roast in the crock pot, so that's dinner tonight.

Janet, hope those B12 shots help you to get some rest.
CG, I agree with you on the billing ...
Gayle, hon, you vent/cry/yell all you need to.

DH wants to get the blinds out of the guest room and put up the new shade when he gets home. Otherwise, trying to plow through some paid work, so back to that ...
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good afternoon everyone,

Thank you for the birthday wishes. I spent all day yesterday examining a copy of someone's email account. The person's account was hacked and I was looking for evidence of emails sent by the hacker. Unfortunately the hacker cleaned up after himself. I just finished my report and am taking a short break. But it was fun to dig into.

They are starting to remodel our floor at the office, so we will not even be going in one day a week for a while. You know how excited I am about working from home all the time.

I guess all we can do is keep on keeping on. :)

Have a great day,
Maggie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

So glad that my laundry is done and out of the way

I get such a sense of accomplishment when it is over - lol

New clean bedding already installed too.

The COD bought a rotisserie chicken from Sams. He ate part of it but said it was very bland. Not as good as the HEB ones. And yea it was - blah.

But can't let it go to waste. I am boiling it down - still more than half of it there and will make soup. Too bad the warm weather will be back again tomorrow.

Oh well.

have a nice evenning
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

mbrudnic wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:52 pm Good afternoon everyone,

Thank you for the birthday wishes. I spent all day yesterday examining a copy of someone's email account. The person's account was hacked and I was looking for evidence of emails sent by the hacker. Unfortunately the hacker cleaned up after himself. I just finished my report and am taking a short break. But it was fun to dig into.

They are starting to remodel our floor at the office, so we will not even be going in one day a week for a while. You know how excited I am about working from home all the time.

I guess all we can do is keep on keeping on. :)

Have a great day,
Maggie
Coming in here late Maggie with a Happy Birthday!