Daily Check-In October 10/19

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Daily Check-In October 10/19

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning everyone- just to get us all going!
Mrscreative

Re: Daily Check-In October 10/19

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning once again. Still adjusting to the jet lag and came back with horrendous congestion and a sore throat. The 8 hour layover in Toronto was especially difficult. But so far have managed to completely unpack everything, finished all our laundry, picked up essential groceries and paid off all the bills/ sorted through mail. Just sipping a Neo-Citran right now. Slowly but surely things are getting back to normal.

Not many plans for today aside from getting meals ready and resting. Still have a couple of things to hand wash.

Creative
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Mrscreative wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:27 am Good morning once again. Still adjusting to the jet lag and came back with horrendous congestion and a sore throat. The 8 hour layover in Toronto was especially difficult. But so far have managed to completely unpack everything, finished all our laundry, picked up essential groceries and paid off all the bills/ sorted through mail. Just sipping a Neo-Citran right now. Slowly but surely things are getting back to normal.

Not many plans for today aside from getting meals ready and resting. Still have a couple of things to hand wash.

Creative
Creative welcome home. Glad you made it home safe and sound. Nothing like settling back in to your own home after a long trip. Enjoy your memories.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. It is lovely outside in the 60's and the house is comfortable at 67 F with a light weight sweater. I about to get take the trash to my brother's house. Later on my aide and I will go shopping. I will drive my car since I have used up the drive time with my aide going to the Drs office the other day. We are expecting rain and storms later tonight and tomorrow with a cold front moving in so I want to pick up a few things so that I can snuggle down for the cold wet week-end. Love cold and rain so looking forward to it.

I am feeling somewhat better since receving my systemic cortisone shot. The pain in my hip and knee are greatly reduced and the rest of my muscles are also improved.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

So glad to hear you are feeling better Janet.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all,

Another lovely day in Florida. This morning is bright and clear. The sky is blue and cloudless. It is a do something kind of day. Although I am still sad that my trip was canceled due to old dance partner's heart condition, I have taken that time and put it to good use. The butterfly nectar garden is covered with cardboard weed barrier and I planted the broken pieces of lantana that have rooted and also a small milkweed plant, the host plant for the monarch butterfly. I also planted a rooted cutting of the passionflower that is a butterfly host. I love butterflies.

Today, I will plant my 3 tomato plants and my sweet pepper plant in large pots. Not much of a vegetable garden, but I am more focused on flowers right now. I am getting the porch area ready to accept the current house sink that will be replaced with a ADA sink during the kitchen remodeling. The stove and dishwasher will go. Replaced with a non coil cooktop and an 18 inch dishwasher more suitable to 2 people and more water and energy efficient.

Vegetable prices are great right now and the refrigerator is stuffed with fresh stuff. Fresh vegetables are such a joy to eat. Usually by the end of the day, I have vegetable bloat and I like it.

Today, I am grateful that the hurricane season is almost over. The anniversary of the terrible cat 5 hurricane that hit northern Florida last year has passed. Those quaint towns were so lovely. How will they rebuild? The state has tightened the building codes a lot since those home were built. And then there is the terrible devastation of the Bahama islands this year. My thoughts and prayers to them all and to all who are suffering. Have a good day everyone.