Daily Check-In October 10/19

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check-In October 10/19

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning!
Bit foggy this morning. Rain on the way, then them temps will drop to the 50s and 60s next week. Need to keep an eye on the evening temps.

We joke that no home improvement job is simple. Got the blinds out of the bedroom window yesterday and realized the area needed caulking, spackling and painting. So that was a good portion of my afternoon yesterday, plus working.

So, today, a bit of painting. (DH thinks the paint will be OK; otherwise, it's a run to Lowes.) Then we can get the new brackets in and the shade up. I'd like to get the last of the green beans out of the garden, today, too.

Creative, glad you had a safe return. I always get a cold, too ...
Janet, glad you're feeling a bit better!
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good late morning all,

New fan/light combo installed and working fine, house cleaned afterwards and above stairs fixture also installed. I feel like I am bleeding cash this month but it had to be done.

Creative, glad you had a great trip...what is this Neo ? stuff you speak of?

Thanks all for the thoughts of my deceased friend. I am still processing it.

I cannot stay away from the news coming out of the WH....he is unhinged, and making this country look so bad and uncaring...I just want to scream he does NOT speak for me.

I think steak for supper tonight, I don't want them to linger in the freezer, bought them before dad passed.
It is cool but sunny, slowly getting yard ornaments put away, next up is store the outdoor furniture.

Off to get busy again.
JCKity
rinty

Post by rinty »

Hey All,

No posts from Gayle ? Thinking about you, Gayle !

Knackered. We had said we'd go the theatre this week but just flat out too tired. I am covering two jobs due to sickness, not cos I am wonderwoman but because there isn't anyone else.

DH has cooked all week, nuthin' exciting but he did make some of his lovely fried chicken yesterday and that hit the spot. Too tired to chew tonight frankly ;) so I have said I am settling for pate on toast followed by yoghurt.

Its beenr aining for WEEEKKKSS it seems so I can't line dry anything.

Took the lazy way out and did card making for Craft Club, I appreciate there are SOME skills needed for card making but it is basically Cutting and Sticking, c'mon ;) They loved it so a WIN.

SO glad tomorrow is Friday. The kids are desparate to see us this weekend ( bless ) so its gammon and mashed homegrown potatoes for all with homegrown sweetcorn on the side with brownie for pudding and a date slice. POSSIBLY even having some grandbabies overnight on Saturday.

Possibly ;)

Tonight I will do a delicates wash that I can hang to dry inside and chug through some DS "stuff".

Then a warm drink and off to bed early with a library book.

Livin' on the edge, here

I DID do a bit of Seasonal Overdecorating as DH puts it and did the mantel and ALL of the dresser in the kitchen. I called them Seasonal Vignettes just to annoy him ;)

Go Big or Go Home.

I switch out my vintage china teacups, jugs etc to autumnal colours and patterns. I like having a fruit tea ect in a china tea cup rather than big clunky mug.

The news story that is getting to me right now is that of Anne Sacoolas. How can someone have absolutely NO moral compass ?
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

Thank you all!!😊😍

Tuesday, my friend took me out to do a few errands. I wanted to get some fabric and embroidery floss, and 11 x 14 picture frame to use to make a gift for my nephew who is getting married next month. Yesterday I traced out what I wanted and started embroidering in the afternoon. Doing this is somewhat calmed my anxiety over not being able to knit. My hubby thinks it’s foolish, as do some others, but nearing is the thing I have done for many years, and crocheting before that, to help me calm down, and to feel happy. Without it, I feel very lonely and anxious and sad, and even angry!!

Tonight we will leave and go out to Salt Lake City, to be able to rest up a little bit before our, or my brother, cancer appointment in the morning. My girls will go to the same family that cared for them during my surgery, and the boys will stay home. Dinner will be brought by
some lovely ladies.

It has turned very cold here. A cold front came through yesterday, and is still lingering in the mountains. I saw snowflakes flying past my window two hours ago at 11 AM. Hubby just called me to ask if he thought if I thought we should take my expedition out instead of his Thunderbird. I said yes emphatically! It is good in snow & ice, and I feel safer in it than his old Thunderbird.

See you all later. My sandwich & apple await me, along with the embroidering I’ve started for my sanity & dn’s wedding gift!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good afternoon all

A nice sunny warm day here in south texas. The cold front will be here tomorrow morning. It has been a little windy, but not too bad

We had another phone and network outage in our county yesterday. Nothing worked if you had ATT or Sprint. Last time this went on for almost two days. It is weird to not be able to at least call. This one lasted for 12 hours.

Some people said they got a small refund last time, so I will try that

It is my day "off", so i'm kind of just goofing off.

Oh - i did make a very yummy chicken soup yesterday. Managed to use up corn, carrots and green beans I had in the freezer. Even the chicken was leftover roaster from Walmart.

Have a great evening!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:13 pm Hello friends,

Thank you all!!😊😍

Tuesday, my friend took me out to do a few errands. I wanted to get some fabric and embroidery floss, and 11 x 14 picture frame to use to make a gift for my nephew who is getting married next month. Yesterday I traced out what I wanted and started embroidering in the afternoon. Doing this is somewhat calmed my anxiety over not being able to knit. My hubby thinks it’s foolish, as do some others, but nearing is the thing I have done for many years, and crocheting before that, to help me calm down, and to feel happy. Without it, I feel very lonely and anxious and sad, and even angry!!

Tonight we will leave and go out to Salt Lake City, to be able to rest up a little bit before our, or my brother, cancer appointment in the morning. My girls will go to the same family that cared for them during my surgery, and the boys will stay home. Dinner will be brought by
some lovely ladies.

It has turned very cold here. A cold front came through yesterday, and is still lingering in the mountains. I saw snowflakes flying past my window two hours ago at 11 AM. Hubby just called me to ask if he thought if I thought we should take my expedition out instead of his Thunderbird. I said yes emphatically! It is good in snow & ice, and I feel safer in it than his old Thunderbird.

See you all later. My sandwich & apple await me, along with the embroidering I’ve started for my sanity & dn’s wedding gift!
Gayle glad you are finding someway to make things better for you. I too cannot sit and do nothing and enjoy crocheting when I can. Right now doing mending but will be doing crocheting soon. I do understand the need.

Saying a prayer for a safe trip. Glad that you have some place near to the Drs office that you can stay and rest. That makes a difference.
Janet Alliesmama