Carleen's Countdown to 2020...

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Carleen

Re: Carleen's Countdown to 2020...

Post by Carleen »

There is something wonky about the above post. I have NEVER posted a city name (unless floridacatlover lives there?).

EDITED to add: The location was deleted by the poster. I still feel stalked.
Last edited by Carleen on Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Sorry. City deleted. Friend of 40 years from college lives in that area and I know she is getting similar weather to what you’ve described. I live in Florida.
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Hello, Everyone.

So, let's see what I can post. I cannot post anything about our weather because someone can figure out where we live. I cannot post anything about Willow as she hides in the linen closet when we have storms. I cannot post what type of community I live in either.

Because of the above, I feel I cannot post about when we will be traveling. I cannot post anything about the grandchildren or our great grandchild.

Basically, I feel threatened. So, if/when I post again, the information will be generic at best. Not a good way to live. I have family and friends located from New York State down to Florida, through the Midwest and the Pacific North-West. We are all in jeopardy because someone decided to post the city that I live in and went on to say that she has a friend who has the same weather as we do.

I have never mentioned specific towns of people who post here even though the chances are good that I would have a family member living there. Our town is very small so I'm sure it took some digging to figure it out. Also, the chances that one of her friends actually lives here is slim.

I have always been very cautious about posting personal information but it seems that I must be VERY cautious. Such is life in this techno-age and I'm very saddened by it.

So, here is my frugal post for today: Today was a frugal day for us and I'm wishing the same for you. Take care.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I must have missed something. I have had more than several people here be very rude to me, because they hate what I represent. I avoid them. But I have not felt threatened. I have decided to remain behind my user name here. And not do any private messages or try to meet anyone here. I do not read the private messages. But there are some good people here as well and they want to support frugal activities, so I urge you to hang around and share your frugal adventure. Some of us are here to support you.
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Howdy - Just checking in.

The company that washes our windows in the Spring and Autumn came today. They are a little behind schedule because of all the rain we've been having. Not a good idea to be on ladders during lightening storms!!! Anyway, the house looks really good with sparkly windows!!! This is a budgeted item as neither one of us can do the climbing, reaching, etc. One of them does the outside and the other one does the inside. Very organized!

We'll do a small food shopping tomorrow as we are just about out of sliced cheeses and yogurt.

Supper tonight is a very easy way to go. Burgers, pasta with spaghetti sauce and a couple of veggies.

Bye for now. I hope I didn't give away any clues as to my private information.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

No you did not give any clues. You are a complete mystery to me.