Daily Check In October 12th

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In October 12th

Post by MackerelCat »

Gayle, Rinty is right: request more help. You had enough surgery for a dozen people and can't use your arms enough to cook. (((HUGS)))

I have had a lovely day. Bought groceries, ordered dog food, chopped down the hedge of weeds in the back yard that grew up when DH did not feel like seeing to things. The yard and floors lately look like we need hired help!

Also emailed in my resignation to work. The stress and overwork have caught up with me, plus the absence of a fulltime pastor meant anyone could walk in and give me work to do and then yell at me about it. There is a problem with old churches that stop growing in that they turn into country clubs with a little Jesus on the side when convenient, and that is what was happening.

So I am taking a little break of a few months and will look for a part-time job. It felt like a great weight came off my shoulders today.
Mackie
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

MackerelCat wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:02 pm Gayle, Rinty is right: request more help. You had enough surgery for a dozen people and can't use your arms enough to cook. (((HUGS)))

I have had a lovely day. Bought groceries, ordered dog food, chopped down the hedge of weeds in the back yard that grew up when DH did not feel like seeing to things. The yard and floors lately look like we need hired help!

Also emailed in my resignation to work. The stress and overwork have caught up with me, plus the absence of a fulltime pastor meant anyone could walk in and give me work to do and then yell at me about it. There is a problem with old churches that stop growing in that they turn into country clubs with a little Jesus on the side when convenient, and that is what was happening.

So I am taking a little break of a few months and will look for a part-time job. It felt like a great weight came off my shoulders today.
I am happy for you MackerelCat. I'm sure this decision was well thought out. Honestly sometimes the stress is not worth the little compensation you're paid.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Thanks, Creative. I did not want to fall into the trap of getting so stressed out and beaten down that I became depressed. That happened with one really bad job I had a few years ago and it was awful.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:02 pm Gayle, Rinty is right: request more help. You had enough surgery for a dozen people and can't use your arms enough to cook. (((HUGS)))

Good for you Mackie. Take your time searching for another job. I think you really need a break.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
rinty

Post by rinty »

MackerelCat wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:51 pm Thanks, Creative. I did not want to fall into the trap of getting so stressed out and beaten down that I became depressed. That happened with one really bad job I had a few years ago and it was awful.
Mackie , good for you thinking hard and coming to this decision. Like your description ( and its not just your church ) of a country club with a little Jesus on the side, we all need to get back to basics on that score. And you are a perfect reflection of that with your care of Homeless Guy and Young Single Mum.

That church will miss your ministering heart.

Why not just choose a LITTLE basic admin job you just go in/do the hours and leave or even one that doesn't engage brain as such.

Look forward to chatting to you more as you get more free time.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

MackerelCat wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:02 pm Also emailed in my resignation to work. The stress and overwork have caught up with me, plus the absence of a fulltime pastor meant anyone could walk in and give me work to do and then yell at me about it. There is a problem with old churches that stop growing in that they turn into country clubs with a little Jesus on the side when convenient, and that is what was happening.

Good for you, Mackie! (Don't let them try to talk you into staying until they find a replacement ... it will never happen.) Take a break and relax for a bit ...