Daily Check in Oct 13, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Oct 13, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

getting us started
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check in Oct 13, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi again,
I had a rather busy day or at least I was away from home most of the time. I had my hair cut at 9 AM. We were cold, like 48 deg F. It was kind of exciting to put on my jeans, booties and leather jacket. Then home for a bit, then the wedding of DS & DDIL's friends was at 1:00. A sweet couple who had been dating 8 years. The met in the high school band. I knew both families fairly well as we did a lot of carpooling with the groom and his brother who is DS2's age. The bride's parents were dedicated band parents with their second daughter who was 2 years behind the first.

The reception did not start until 5, so I did a little shopping and then met up with DDIL's parents for a drink and nibbles. Then we went to the reception. All was lovely even though it took until 9 PM to begin to an in-dancing. Since he decided not to go, Ex volunteered to babysit. I guess by 7 he was texting DS about when they would be home. The 2 yo was having a meltdown. He doesn't know DGS2 well enough to know distraction in the key to minimizing them. LOL! DS texted me last night about 10:30 that they had both made it home safely. He had been drinking earlier in the night. They both drove, transporting members of the wedding party.

Today's plans incude Church, grocery and who knows. Probably a visit to Mom and Dad's.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Just a quick check in as I will be heading out for my daily walk very soon. I will try to get back on a bit later, between household tasks and getting our Thanksgiving meal done up.

None of the predicted snow fell overnight and I am hoping the rest of the prediction is off as well. I want some nice weather for the DS's to travel home.

Today I am grateful that as a family we can still gather together to celebrate our various holidays.

Happy Thanksgiving to any and all Canadians on the forum.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

A Happy Thanksgiving to you Jackie and to your family.

If sun stays out or in and out of the clouds all day, it shouldn't be too bad. The sun eventually came out yesterday and it was absolutely beautiful.

Not much planned for today. Was thinking about working on my web site as I found new information on Victorian shopping.

Can't wait to give the hand-colored elephant picture to my doctor tomorrow. I'm hoping she'll find it a cute addition to her "elephant collection".

Went through my freezer again and tossed out the frozen veggies that had been sitting around for a VERY long time. Was going to have chicken yesterday but instead went to the store and bought chicken thighs that were on sale and decided to make stewed chicken today. They were .11 cents a pound cheaper a few weeks ago, but I had forgotten all about it, but .99/lb not bad either.

The Hallmark Christmas Countdown will be starting soon, October 25th. Lifetime will also be starting their Christmas shows that day also.

Decided yesterday that since my sister says her phone can't handle the video chats that I'd like to have with the baby, I bought an Amazon Echo Show 5 for both of us. She uses one of the Amazon units so this one can replace the one she currently has while being able to provide the video chat function for me. They were offering them at a special price of about $65; saw today an ad in PC Richards for $75 each. Did splurge also on the Amazon Kindle e-reader; decided I didn't need the paperwhite for the extra $40. Chose to buy it now because I am not lucky with getting them on Black Friday . . . they're always sold out by the time I get to them . . . not worth the aggravation and besides I want it before Thanksgiving as I leave for Florida only a few days later. Holding off until Black Friday would be too late.

Well going to go for now. Have a super day everyone.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning everyone!

Still feeling punk from this terrible cold. It’s now moved into my chest and I have this most annoying hacking cough. Just glad I got sick at home!

We’ll be having Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow which youngest dd has offered to prepare. She’s inviting her bf and a couple of other friends. The only stipulation is Dh and I clear out of the house for a couple of hours. Fine with us! We’ take a drive in the country to look at the fall leaves. Only too happy to pass on the reins of dinner prepping to youngest dd!

Floridacat finally finished posting all my photos on Instagram. Looking back at them, you’d never suspect all of our stress in London. We let our plans go and just rolled with the punches and still had an outstanding time!

Have a blessed day everyone!
Creative
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning Maggie and all,

Another lovely day in Florida. The morning started out in the high 60's with many bird songs. The feathered snowbirds have arrived from up north and there apparently is a lot for them to talk about. And most of the neighbors are walking and stopping to chat with each other along the way. A Mister Rogers kind of neighborhood.

I have planted many flower and vegetable seeds. My tomatoes are growing well, but the poor pepper has white flies which I am treating with neem oil, a favorite pesticide here. I am rooting many cutting off of plants and the neighbor said she would give my the cutting off of her crotons when she trims them. The famous plumeria that my neighbor brought me when she was mad at her insurance company and needed to vent seems to be growing. Just stick it in the ground. Amazing plant. I never argue with someone shaking a stick at me.

I got the electric bill and I had hoped it would be less than this time last year. Unfortunately, it was the same usage per day. So I may have hit my frugal energy limit. I have been lobbying hubs to go a bit more solar, but so far nothing has happened on that front.

I continue to check in daily with old dance partner since he was diagnosed with heart problems and was sick enough to cancel our planned trip. He still thinks he will be well enough to go scuba diving in December. He has a good attitude which will certainly help.

Today, I am grateful that I am pain free and able to work almost all day in the yard. My thoughts and prayers to all who are facing difficulties. Have a good day.