Halloween - What Do YOU Do?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Halloween - What Do YOU Do?

Post by HappyDaze »

What do you do for Halloween?

Do you go trick or treating with a child or children?

Do you stay home and hand out treats?

Do you go someplace else?

Do you stay home and not hand out treats?

This year, I am wearing a homemade costume and sitting out front of my house and giving away candy. I'm excited!! (I have to stay outside to keep the dogs from going bonkers with every knock at the door).
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
gaylejackson2

Re: Halloween - What Do YOU Do?

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Our church has a Trunk & Treat on Halloween night (unless Halloween falls on Sunday, then on the Saturday before) that we attend. It usually has a chili cook-off, that I won 2nd prize at last year, we eat the various chili soups with cornbread--I typically make chili so my family knows they can trust Some food there.

There we go to a few select houses for the traditional 'Trick or Treat" for the kids--there is a house that gives away Full-Size candy bars, my friend's (he works for Pepsi Co) where they give away cans of Countrytime Lemonade, and another house where we and his grandchildren are almost the only ones who come-he fills sandwich bags of assorted chocolate candies for my children. :lol:

We don't get any children at our house, even when there IS someone home with lights on.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

We don't do anything. The houses are too far apart and no sidewalks discourage it. A few people decorate a bit, but the kids go to church sponsored activities. It is even too hot here for pumpkins outside. They rot in a couple of days.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Trick or treating in my area has pretty much gone the route of the dodo bird. There are a few kids that walk around, but not more than 10 or 15. I have never been a fan of Halloween since the age of 12 after getting hit with an egg quite hard. With all the loonies in the world today, I'd much rather suggest a party in our co-op group room.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Last year we did nothing and kinda sorta felt bad. But we only had three rings on the door while we were shut down andmight have had five or six. Traditionally, the yard person in this house rakes and keeps the candy bucket outside with her and whenever she comes in sometime after dusk she shuts down. Answering the door from the inside can be difficult with two people friendly, noisy dogs who want to get outside and play with the kiddos.

For myself, I am going to a halloween tea on the 24th and happy hour on hloween night at the Cheesecake factory which is in the mall so I will surely see lots of nice costumes.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:54 pm Our church has a Trunk & Treat on Halloween night (unless Halloween falls on Sunday, then on the Saturday before) that we attend. It usually has a chili cook-off, that I won 2nd prize at last year, we eat the various chili soups with cornbread--I typically make chili so my family knows they can trust Some food there.

There we go to a few select houses for the traditional 'Trick or Treat" for the kids--there is a house that gives away Full-Size candy bars, my friend's (he works for Pepsi Co) where they give away cans of Countrytime Lemonade, and another house where we and his grandchildren are almost the only ones who come-he fills sandwich bags of assorted chocolate candies for my children. :lol:

We don't get any children at our house, even when there IS someone home with lights on.
Sounds fun Gayle and like quite a good haul for your kiddos. Our town did a fist ever trunk or treat last year and I took the little guy I spend time with. I was very impressed by it.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz