Diabetes update.

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Sandy

Diabetes update.

Post by Sandy »

I am consistently testing below 100, both morning and evening. In fact, I've gone to morning only finger sticks for the last few months, doing one in the evening just now and again (four hours after dinner) to confirm levels are where they need to be.

I'm sticking with my "no-more-than-70-carbs" a day and doing well. I'm losing a couple of pounds a month (sometimes a pound a week) and that's perfect for me since if I lose weight quickly I might have a gallstone attack (no gallbladder but still make gallstones).

That said, five months ago my blood tests showed I have an underactive thyroid and now take Synthroid. I haven't had any of the side effects I was told might rear their ugly heads (thinning hair, etc.) and I can tell my metabolism has gotten SO MUCH better (I would beg my previous doctor to test my thyroid and he just poo-poo'ed me).

So far so good!!
colonialgirl

Re: Diabetes update.

Post by colonialgirl »

So glad to hear you are doing well Sandy! I miss. you posting.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

colonialgirl wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:10 am So glad to hear you are doing well Sandy! I miss. you posting.
Thank you, CG! I miss the forum, too. I've been on the move as much as possible to help keep my blood sugar under tight control (plus, we're in another campaign cycle and I always get VERY involved locally, lol).

I despise DJT...
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Of that I had no doubt. I've been so worked up that I had to go on anxiety meds and for the first time in my life developed high blood pressure. Right now I am on a politics fast because I just have had to distance myself for a while. Self preservation ya know.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

colonialgirl wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:52 am Of that I had no doubt. I've been so worked up that I had to go on anxiety meds and for the first time in my life developed high blood pressure. Right now I am on a politics fast because I just have had to distance myself for a while. Self preservation ya know.
Oh, I gotcha! I hardly watch the news anymore because I...just...can't...stand...it. At least things *appear* to be moving in the right direction. I keep everything crossed that cowardice won't prevail :twisted:
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Sandy wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:44 pm I am consistently testing below 100, both morning and evening. In fact, I've gone to morning only finger sticks for the last few months, doing one in the evening just now and again (four hours after dinner) to confirm levels are where they need to be.

I'm sticking with my "no-more-than-70-carbs" a day and doing well. I'm losing a couple of pounds a month (sometimes a pound a week) and that's perfect for me since if I lose weight quickly I might have a gallstone attack (no gallbladder but still make gallstones).

That said, five months ago my blood tests showed I have an underactive thyroid and now take Synthroid. I haven't had any of the side effects I was told might rear their ugly heads (thinning hair, etc.) and I can tell my metabolism has gotten SO MUCH better (I would beg my previous doctor to test my thyroid and he just poo-poo'ed me).

So far so good!!
You sound like you feel great! I’m happy for you! 😄