Daily Check In November 10, 2011

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In November 10, 2011

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning, starting us off while I grab a cup of coffee.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In November 10, 2011

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Had a nice long post going and pouf, because I hit something it disappeared into thin air, and not drafts, I checked.

It snowed overnight and could in fact be still snowing it is just too dark since they have not fixed our streetlight to tell. This will make the trip to Mass this morning a bit on the icy side and more like the usual winter driving conditions we have had over the past few years. Rain making the roads a skating rink and then snow to make the ice stick around all winter. Thank heavens I don't have to go anywhere this afternoon other than perhaps for a coffee at my friends if she phones.

It will not be a no spend day as it is envelope day at church, but it will be no spend otherwise.

Frugally speaking the usual will be going on here. Meals will be made from scratch, using what we have on hand in freezer, cupboard and fridge. I will be making rice pudding today to use up the leftover rice as well. I don't make it that often but I have lots of leftover rice and want it out of the fridge to start the new week off.

I have lists to make, basic household chores, two rows on the temperature blanket to knit, and some decluttering to do.

The fabric and patterns in the sewing/craft room are calling to me also. Yesterday I started putting patterns and fabric together to use up those larger remnants of fabric that I have (some newer fabric as well) and I would like to continue with that a bit more today. Had a great deal of fun doing this, and I am clearing out the fabric stash just a bit. Perhaps on the next stock up trip, I won't feel so darn guilty about buying fabric if things are going down.

I hope to finish sewing the dress at some point and perhaps start on the Christmas gifts for Hubby and the nightie that I cut out for me. Surprisingly enough the apron my be my toughest sewing job, lots of outside stitching that needs to me perfectly sewn. Topstitching as such is not my strength. I also want to do a bit of either embroidery or vinyl work with the Cricut on it, just to lift it a bit as it will be pretty darn khaki beige if I don't.

Supper this evening is supposed to be a roast beef. If I have one in the freezer (think the plan was to buy one when shopping this past week) I will make it with roasted potatoes and carrots. If I don't have one in the freezer I do have a bag of leftover roast beef that I can warm up so we will still have our roast meal, just mashed potatoes instead along with green beans and a salad. Rice pudding for dessert.

Today I am grateful that it has been a very long time since I brushed against a key on this laptop and lost my post.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Sitting here with a favorite Hallmark movie, The Most Wonderful Time of the Year. There are at least 3 others I want to see today. Love this time of year.

Not much planned except to chill in front of the TV most of the day.

Made a couple of turkey legs, stuffing and turnips for last night's dinner; saved half for Tuesday night. Today I plan on having a steak.

Going to run for now. Have a wonderful day everyone.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning everyone. Today is our last good day. It is suppose to warm up to around 60 F and then an arctic blast starts tomorrow with snow. I need to wash out all of my terracotta pots and then store them in the basement for the winter. They already have been moved to the downstairs patio and it will be easy to move them in to the basement with my hand truck. Also I want to drive my car down the hill and load up my winter clothes that have been in storage and a few holiday decorations that are stored down in the basement. With this crazy weather not sure when I will be able to drive my car down the hill again.

Today is my 4th day without coffee. The first two days I had a really severe headache that was relieved by Tylenol and yesterday and today minor headache. I am drinking black tea but will be switching over to herbal and green tea in a few days. I am having a harder time giving up cheese. Cheese is a main ingredient in a lot of my recipes. I will have to check out some vegan sites online to get ideas on how to make things without cheese. The almond milk is ok for my tea and cooking right now.

Yesterday my brother, SIL, and great nephew came over to replace my mailbox that had been knocked down. My brother had to go buy wood that he had not planned on and while they were gone my great nephew, 14 y/o, stayed to talk to me. He is such a great young man. Very studious and yet in to sports. He is biracial and yet he looks more like my brother than any of his sons did. My brother had also planned on trimming a couple of branches from an oak tree that is doing damage to the soffit of my house. However they were too tall for his ladder. Thank God! I did not want him to do it since he is 73, and not in good health, and does not need to be up on a ladder with a chain saw. He said he would get someone in to trim the tree.. He of course would not take any money for the new mail box or lumber.. He is so good to me.

I am going to make some muffins and have enough of other things in the house to make meals so not much planned except for the washing and storing the terracotta pots and the bringing winter clothes up from the basement.

Have a good Sunday everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I started to empty the dishwasher this morning. And the first plate I took out was dirty. So I set it off again. I have a bottom of the line line dishwasher. It is smaller than my old one but this one doesn’t leak.

I just transferred the dress wash to the dryer.

I am knitting a second hamburger. I am pleased with how the first one came out. The second one is looking good the first few rounds of the top bun are difficult. Because I chose a more complex increase.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Beautiful morning here in south texas

The sun is out. The sky is blue and the temperature is just right.

One more day like this and we too will experience colder weather.

I got up once and then decided to go back to bed. Have to go to do my volunteer duty at the church in an hour or so

I usually go and buy something to eat, but will just have instant oatmeal instead. Gotta watch what i eat. Not getting any younger.

Have a great day alll