Daily Check in Nov 11, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check in Nov 11, 2019

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

And as previously mentioned, thank you to all of those who have served in the armed forces and continue to serve so that we may retain our democratic freedoms.

Just finished my household chores for the week as I have a full schedule the next 3 days. I am SO looking forward to going to the matinee on Wednesday . . . I do so enjoy live theatre. And I have my Breakfast Club on Thursday. Tomorrow I need to go up to the senior center and buy a few more taxi passes. They don't expire so it's good to have a few just in case. I'm hoping also to get more details on the Thanksgiving dinner at the Presbyterian Church. I've been to their web site and it has no mention of it so they may have discontinued it.

Dinner tonight is leftover spaghetti. I'll probably make an Italian sausage to go with it.

Heading off so have a great day everyone.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

My grandson is coming over at noon to bake oatmeal blueberry muffins. I didn’t suggest lunch. He suggested the time. I have leftovers from yesterdays, dinner at OutBack Steak House. If he needs lunch I have hot dogs and baked beans, I also have peanut butter and jelly. I am not going to go crazy.

I have yarn I need to decide keep or give away. I refuse to keep any yarn that doesn’t make me happy. If it makes me itch it goes. I had one ball I could have returned, but return shipping was more than the cost of the yarn. I have to be very careful of yarn with wool as it causes me to itch. There are some I can’t even touch they are so itchy. There is no way I could knit with them.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

It is a nice warmish morning. Cold front coming in later today

I've been up. Drank coffee. Showered and got dressed.

Swept and mopped the kitchen area.

Now just waiting to take off to a local veteran ceremony.

Have a great day!
frugalaaron

Post by frugalaaron »

mbrudnic wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:35 am Good Morning,
Thanks to all our Veterans!
Thank you. :D
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Happy Veteran's Day and thank you to those who served! Gloomy, rainy, cold today. I walked the 2 miles to McDonalds and have done enough MTurk hits to pay for my bagel and coffee - will probably do some more before walking home. Guess who forgot her umbrella??? :-) I shall not melt. :-)

Just posted about my "frugal adventures" this weekend - I feel so blessed!!!

Must walk the dogs this afternoon and then do some housework (oh I've been lazy!) and prepare for the upcoming work week -- a 4 day one - yayyyy!!!

Hope you are all warm and safe and take good care!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Thank you to all of our veterans, or those of you who have spouses who are veterans. Please extend my thankfulness for their service to them.