Daily Checkin Nov 14, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Checkin Nov 14, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends!
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Checkin Nov 14, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,

So things are looking up as far as work. With our team's new manager we are now under the same management structure as the Security Operations Center. They are tier 1 & 2 support. My team is Tier 3. We had always been hampered because we did not have the same access to tools and logs and the tier 1&2 folks. This is going to change! I am getting more excited.

Last night DS1 first asked if I wanted to share his Disney + login. Of course. LOL! My kids is old enough to pay for his subscription and share with me. Then asked if I could babysit for a hour or two after the babysitter goes home since he and DDIL both have meetings. THEN, a friend of DDIL's DM is coming to take Christmas pictures, and I was invited to come and participate with DS & Family.

Also, it is a balmy (in comparison) 30° F out there. (Woo-hoo, got the degree Symbol.)

Have a great day,
Maggie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning Maggie and everyone. Good to hear things at work are starting to look better. That always makes it easier to go to work.

Glad you will be participating in family pictures.. Memories in the making.

Not much going on here. It is going to warm up in to the 30's today woo hoo.

I just came back from taking my trash to my brothers. I am grateful he continues to pay for trash pick up there. They are going to use the farm for deer season so I would imagine after that he will stop trash pick up and I will have to start doing my own thing here. The farm is in the process of being sold but closing is delayed until some time in December so the men folk in my family might have a second chance at deer hunting before the farm is sold. A lot of years of hunting and a lot of free food will come to an end. Not sure how my brother will handle this since he likes venison more than beef.

Not much planned today except puttering in the kitchen. I am a bit tired after my MRI yesterday.We stopped for lunch at Denny's on the way home so it was close to 2:30 PM when we got home. I had my usual nacho's.

Have a good day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Finally I can get on the laptop. It decided to update from 6:25 until just now. I almost finished a full cup of coffee waiting for the go ahead.

We have another water main break on the street. This time just at the far end. So in a bit I will be emptying the ice bucket, filling the tub and a few more containers with water. We have been informed that the water will be off until it is fixed and since the last one took a repeat performance I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will be an easier fix.

I did my shopping and most of the bill paying yesterday (two bills arrived and I will go online and get those paid today) so will not have to go anywhere today. It will be nice to just stay home and do things for the next few days. Lots to do to get Christmas ready here.

I found the fabric and colours I want to make the cushion covers for the living room. I just have to get some other sewing done first. Then it is cushion covers, reusable produce bags and cutting out yet more patterns. I also have to pick up said fabric, which will cost quite a bit all told.

Finished the dress last night, put the last stitch in the hem and placed it in the laundry basket to be washed and ironed next week.

Knitting wise I have almost but not quite finished the prayer shawl I started awhile back. I do hope it is done by the end of the month (prefer sooner if possible) cause in looking at my bag of made gifts for the DS's I think they just might need a cup cozy and some more mitts...or perhaps a scarf.

Frugally speaking the same old, same old will be happening around here. I am gathering together recipes for various body lotions and potions. I plan on trying to make my own scrubs, and such. We will see if it is actually a savings to do this.

Meals will be made with what is on hand in fridge, freezer and cupboard.

I will start sewing the pajama bottoms for Hubby for Christmas today, and perhaps even get the two pairs completed (really easy pattern that I have sewn lots).

Walking for fun and frugal exercise (thinking a short walk outside as it really has
warmed up and I can put on the ice grippers).

Supper tonight is going to be Spaghetti and meat sauce. Served with a salad.

Today I am grateful for automatic updates, even though some seem to take forever to complete.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:40 am Hi everyone,

So things are looking up as far as work. With our team's new manager we are now under the same management structure as the Security Operations Center. They are tier 1 & 2 support. My team is Tier 3. We had always been hampered because we did not have the same access to tools and logs and the tier 1&2 folks. This is going to change! I am getting more excited.

Last night DS1 first asked if I wanted to share his Disney + login. Of course. LOL! My kids is old enough to pay for his subscription and share with me. Then asked if I could babysit for a hour or two after the babysitter goes home since he and DDIL both have meetings. THEN, a friend of DDIL's DM is coming to take Christmas pictures, and I was invited to come and participate with DS & Family.

Also, it is a balmy (in comparison) 30° F out there. (Woo-hoo, got the degree Symbol.)

Have a great day,
Maggie
Nice to see you getting excited about your job Maggie.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Maggie, you have raised two great boys. The Christmas photos sound nice. I imagine Disney+ is going to do well because it will be pretty much a “must have” for young families with kids.

Janet, I’m glad that your MRI is over and you can relax a bit today.

Jackie, I saw your new living room furniture on your blog. Very nice! Will green be your accent color? The dark green afghan at your chair was a nice contrast.

Today it is cool - feels good! But it will be 80 during the day and it is overcast.

After I get gas, I’ll stop at Dollar Tree. I’m buying a bottle of white wine to give my friend tomorrow and I want to see if I can get a wine bag for $1. My friend is hosting “Greek night” at her condo with two other friends.

My Rx is ready at Publix. It was not cheaper with Goodrx so I put it through insurance. Yesterday I went over the Part D plans again and picked out what I hope is the best one for me but didn’t enroll yet.

Then to mom’s house. I have one bag of yard debris and may work in the yard if it isn’t raining. Saturday is the “big pick up” and I have a bunch of large branches that are too big for the trash can so I’ll get rid of them.

I think I mentioned awhile ago that I would look for some replacement bulbs for mom’s ceramic Christmas tree. Found them! On Amazon they sell three bulb sizes and I took a chance (after measuring as best I could) and they are perfect. $6 which cost me nothing because of Amazon credits from Bing. I attached them with Elmer’s glue. Love it!

Stay warm.