Daily Check-In November 16, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-In November 16, 2019

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Looks like we're back to a bit more seasonal weather the next two weeks; still too early for 20 degrees.

Got my tree up and absolutely love it. There's nothing nicer than watching tv with the warmth of the colored lights.

Should probably go to Shoprite and pick up some sale priced premium paper towels; still might do that but not sure. They also have something called Oxi-All at the lowest price of seen it, under $2 . . . Amazon wants $9.50 for a small 14 oz can. Ouch!

My niece has already had about half a dozen return calls to her resume submittal and two interviews yesterday and one next week. How I wish job hunting had been that easy for me when I was looking for it, but jobs as an administrative assistant have been disappearing for many years and the salary I was looking for also played a large role. I am SO VERY glad I'm out of the job market rat race. It's way too competitive.

Was talking to a former co-worker last evening and we got to talking about how quickly time passes. He said he was going on 49 shortly and not sure how he was going to handle the big 5-0. I told him that reaching 40, 50 and 60 didn't bother me much; but hitting 70 did because you sit there wondering where the last 40 years went. Oh well.

Tonight is chicken with some veggies and left over rice.

Well off to check on a few things online . . . have a great day.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check-In November 16, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. Not sure of the temp but suppose to warm up in to the 30's with sunshine.
Logics I love my tree too but most likely will not be able to put one up. I am still looking for someone to paint my ceiling. They all said they wanted to do outside work while the weather was good and keep inside work for when it was too cold to do anything. Now they have bigger jobs inside.

Logic's so glad I am able to stay home and not work. I loved my job but it was physically and emotionally draining working in rehab for all of those years.

I need to go in to town and pick up my mail and restart it since my brother put up a new mailbox for me. Stop and pick up my medicine and then home to cook. Not sure yet what.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I have been up for awhile now enjoying the peace and quiet of this new day. I am also enjoying the fact that the temperature is above freezing already this morning. This does cause one problem however, that being the newly filled rain barrel. Hubby emptied it and now it is half full once again. Hopefully it thaws enough that it can be emptied once again.

Since the weather is so nice I think I will visit the big craft sale today and pay the crazy price to go in. The price more than doubled this year!! I know the cost of things is rising, but that is plain crazy. I so like looking and getting ideas for new projects, or just ways to dress up the old ones. I can actually go without spending any of my allowance, I found $5.00 in the back alley up against my fence.

Other than that bit of spending, I plan on getting some more done around the house. I did not get the cake baked yesterday, so will do that today. I will also do some extra cleaning (chair rails dusted, as well as the legs of the dining room table and chairs. Of course there will be the usual kitty litter patrol, dishes and regular chores.

The first pair of pj bottoms for Hubby were completed yesterday. Today I hope to get the second pair done as well. I am leery about sewing the apron (believe it or not the pattern instructions seem to be more involved than many a dress pattern) so I may just work on the nightie first. Let those apron instructions percolate in my brain for a bit.

Meals will be made here at home out of what is on hand. Lots of things in the fridge that need to be cleared out. Hopefully I will manage to clear out a couple of small amounts at lunch today. There is one item that got pushed way back and I have missed. I think that might be a toss, and that is too bad first time this has happened in a very long time.

Walking will be done on the treadmill shortly. I have decided that even with the nice weather long walks with boots or ice grippers are not good for the feet, or ankles.

Supper this evening is going to be baked spaghetti. I will serve the leftover salad as well.

Today I am grateful that on most mornings I get to watch the beautiful sunrise. It changes each and every day.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all,

This month is sure flying by. The kitchen remodeling is in pause as the counter top is made. That is fine with me. I can use the break. I think I see a measurement that may not be quite right, but it is something that will not actually affect the majority of the remodeling, so I will let it pass. Let them deal with it when the workers return.

The weather outside will be blustery, cold (by Florida standards) and overcast all weekend. A good time to de-clutter and do repair sewing in the cozy house. I brought my tray of young tomato plants in overnight. Plants really don't like to be blown about.

This will be a crockpot weekend and probably a crockpot week. Beef roasts and whole chicken will get eaten up this week. I expect to buy a maximum of 2 whole frozen turkeys on sale. Most years, I buy more than that and make them into multiple meals that last until spring. But without the operational kitchen, I think I will forgo a lot of preparation.

I had planned to use my outdoor kitchen all month. The normal average temperatures here are 78F during the day. But no, it is going to be around 10 degrees colder most of the month. And blustery on many days. So more inside cooking.

Today, I will rouse out some winter (by Florida standards) clothes and get them on hangers and put away some summer clothes.

Today, I am grateful for my warm house and abundance of food. Have a good day all.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Another beautiful sunny chilly morning.

I enjoy bundling up in my hot pink fuzzy robe. I can savor my hot coffee.

It is in the high 30s right now but will get to almost 70

This cool sunny weather makes me want to do housework! I need to organize my freezers. All meats in one and all veggies in the other. Or maybe a mix in case one breaks? I am trying to eat all of it but i just cant say no to the Schwans man!

Oh well

Hope all have a great day
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Dgflorida wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:02 am Good morning all,

I had planned to use my outdoor kitchen all month. The normal average temperatures here are 78F during the day. But no, it is going to be around 10 degrees colder most of the month. And blustery on many days. So more inside cooking.
At 68 degrees, we'd all be out in shorts up here in NY . . . And they have the high school kids out in shorts when the temps are as low as 40 degrees (I do remember those days) . LOL