Cold/flu Home Remedies

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Cold/flu Home Remedies

Post by Quilter51 »

For the real.flu my therapy is having the shot every year without fail. For lesser things tea, theraflu, chicken soup and liquids.
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

Half a shot of whiskey, about every 4-6 hours for a day or two. Kills germs. I call it "Grandma's cough medicine". It also works wonders if you take it when you first start feeling sick.

Chicken noodle soup with a good shot of hot sauce. Or if you live across the street from a Chinese restaurant, get two LARGE won-ton soups.

The cheapest saltines you can buy. the kind that taste stale, even if they're not lol For some weird reason they seem to settle the stomach better than brand name. I have no proof of this, other than my own experience.

7up for the stomach.

Tic Tacs mints or altoids to clear sinuses.

Gatorade powder mix to stay hydrated.
ohjodi
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

ownedbydogs wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:26 pm some of the essential oils are not good for dogs, if you keep your pups inside.
We do keep our pups inside. Do you know which ones aren't good for dogs?
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:53 am We do keep our pups inside. Do you know which ones aren't good for dogs?
I never use them, . I just have read that dogs are being made ill from them. Don’t know if it is true.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Dangers to dogs is generally in the touching or letting them lick off you area rather than diffusing but cinnamon and wintergreen are especially dangerous to dogs. We use diffusers all the time as does my daughter who rescues dogs as they are less dangerous to pumps than candles.

https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/health/are-essential-oils-safe-for-dogs/
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Quilter51 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:53 am Dangers to dogs is generally in the touching or letting them lick off you area rather than diffusing but cinnamon and wintergreen are especially dangerous to dogs. We use diffusers all the time as does my daughter who rescues dogs as they are less dangerous to pumps than candles.

https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/health/are-essential-oils-safe-for-dogs/
Thanks.