Daily Check-in December 9, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check-in December 9, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

Thanks Jackie. Right now I have diarrhea (TMI) lol to go along with all of the other problems. Not sure if it is due to the liquid diet foods or a reaction to my antibiotic for my sinus infection.. Bummer.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Up and down a great deal last night, not really insomnia but something getting pretty close. The best sleep that I managed was the last 3 hours when I managed to sleep in.

Lots of frugal chores to do today and since it snowed quite a bit yesterday the perfect day to get all done, plus a little more if I am lucky. I will finish off this last bar recipe and call the baking done for the season, just looking at the things I have made is making me put on weight.

I would like to get the few Christmas cards I send out done and a bit of sewing as well. I have been slightly remiss in the sewing room the past few days.

I did finish the sparkly knitted shell, but I am not sure if I really care for it or not. I have some leftover yarn so I am going to knit an infinity scarf (not that I really need more scarves, but I think it might look nice with this knitted top). Once that is done I need to work more on the prayer shawl to finish it by the end of the month.

Frugally speaking this will be a no spend day. I do not plan on running any errands, and there is enough food in the house to feed us for a very long time.

The past few weeks there have been news releases that due to the nasty fall weather here on the Canadian prairies many farmers did not get their potato crops out of the ground. A shortage is being predicted and I am so glad that we had an excellent crop that we did manage to get from the ground.

The other prediction is that the price of groceries will rise by about $462.00 a year over 2020. That is a big jump all due to rising costs of meat and vegetables. There goes my idea of less meat and more veggies if this turns out to be true. Right now the cost of some cuts of meat is totally outrageous and way above what I consider spending. I worry about those who are living in poverty and have to choose between a roof over their heads and groceries for the table.

Once again I managed to get in the needed steps yesterday, and today will be heading down to the treadmill for my frugal and necessary exercise.

Of course the usual frugal habits will apply today and every day. Hubby is sure that we are heading for a net zero spend on our portfolio this quarter. Always a good sign.

Supper today is going to be a container of the leftover chili from the fridge. Serving it on pasta, sprinkled with a bit of grated cheese.

Today I am grateful that our sons will be home for at least 5 days in about 2 weeks. I am always thankful to have them home together, it is almost like old times.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

alliesmama4 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:09 am Thanks Jackie. Right now I have diarrhea (TMI) lol to go along with all of the other problems. Not sure if it is due to the liquid diet foods or a reaction to my antibiotic for my sinus infection.. Bummer.
When I started this cholesterol pill a few weeks ago I had the same problem. It seems to have righted itself for the most part now.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I am beat today! Also had weird dreams all last night. Even Putin made an appearance :mrgreen:

It is grey and cloudy. Think we might have sun later. It is laundry day and tempted to put it off, but will probably do it in the afternoon.

How do people that go go go do it?

The person I went to bingo yesterday is always on the go. She called me on her way back from an overnight trip to a birthday party. And once she got back home, had a meeting to attend, when that broke up she came and picked me up. She is overweight, on insulin and has other health issues. She doesn't look well either. Her hair isn't as nice and her complexion is messed up. She always had clear skin.

But they don't stop. Always on the go and a lot of that is gambling - going on the weekends. They have money issues, but just keep on doing that. She spent a lot last night.

She does usually end up in the hospital once a year.

I am glad i am a lazy little bug!
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I started wrapping and packing. When I discovered that I had a several small flat rate cartons, no medium flat rate cartons, I had 2 large flat rate cartons. The large carton is far too large.

I don’t know if my order of medium size cartons will arrive in time. This carton is going to California, I have the small size for my Granddaughter in Maryland.

I am tired today, I was up for about an hour during the night.

Penny
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

DGFlorida, that line about seeing it from the Space Station cracked me up!

I woke up coughing before 5 a.m. and coughed for about an hour before falling back asleep. This seems to be a combo of fall allergies and a really good head cold that is hanging on. Right now I feel pretty good, and am drinking coffee with my sweet Lily Dog in my lap.

Today I need to run a few errands, finish a sewing project, and apply for some more jobs online. Also need to get out the Shark steamer and see if it will clean the grout in the shower, since my hands are not up to hard scrubbing.

Janet, I hope your throat feels better soon. (((Hugs))))
Mackie