Daily Check-in January 10, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check-in January 10, 2020

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Cloudy day here day, low 40s. Just makes it a bit more difficult to get things done because I need to turn on the lights to do everything.

Happy anniversary, Jackie.

Just a few words . . . I unfortunately don't get to post or read the boards every day and I do miss a lot especially when someone writes about one of their family members or themselves being injured or sick etc.. You have all been so good to me with my situations. I want you to know that I appreciate you all and that if I should miss sending prayers etc. to you because I've not had the opportunity to read all the posts especially on the days they were posted, I do apologize. Clem (re brother), Jackie (re son and self), IC (re husband), Gayle (re self), Allie (re self) prayers and hugs to you all. And prayers and hugs to any whom I have missed.

I'm still in the process of replacing two computers. I need to keep one with XP on it so that I can use my graphics programs. I purchased a refurbished one which should suffice for that purpose especially because I won't be using it as much as the Windows 10 system. In speaking with the tech about that one, I was going to replace the hard drive, but he gave me a good argument about why I should just get a new one which makes sense. I have to write him back and tell him I plan to do that but that I still will need him to do a few things on both (set up wifi router, set up system imaging backups, etc.)

Went out to the grocery store a while ago and went into sticker shock when I saw what they call a slicing tomato at $2.99 a lb. Decided that I'd check out the store closest to me and if the same, I'd just substitute beet slices in my salads. I did find the other store a bit less pricey but still ended up paying .98 for 1 tomato.

Dinner tonight will be chicken, some french fries and mixed veggies.

Have a great day.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Janet, my Goldie Dog spins in circles when she is excited. She will run to the car door and spin in place until I catch up and open it for her.

You and Teddi both had a big day! I hope the combo of the shot, at home PT, and a second opinion when the time comes gives you the best outcome. *hugs*

After a discussion with DH, I accepted the job that I interviewed with yesterday. Their office is closed on Friday, so I probably will not hear anything until Monday. I will also have to pick up a side gig of some kind to supplement the pay. So I am praying this works out and the economy does not go kablooey.

Late this afternoon, I have to take my homeless shelter buddy to do his big grocery shopping trip of the month. Otherwise, I need to make our grocery list and dust the furniture, clean the kitchen and do some productive puttering.

Maggie, I hope your grandson is not suffering too awfully from the flu. Did they get him Tamiflu in time? Clem, may there be peace and God's mercy for your brother. IC, big hugs, hon. Gayle, infection-free hugs going out to you too.
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:01 am Janet, my Goldie Dog spins in circles when she is excited. She will run to the car door and spin in place until I catch up and open it for her.

You and Teddi both had a big day! I hope the combo of the shot, at home PT, and a second opinion when the time comes gives you the best outcome. *hugs*

After a discussion with DH, I accepted the job that I interviewed with yesterday. Their office is closed on Friday, so I probably will not hear anything until Monday. I will also have to pick up a side gig of some kind to supplement the pay. So I am praying this works out and the economy does not go kablooey.

Late this afternoon, I have to take my homeless shelter buddy to do his big grocery shopping trip of the month. Otherwise, I need to make our grocery list and dust the furniture, clean the kitchen and do some productive puttering.

Maggie, I hope your grandson is not suffering too awfully from the flu. Did they get him Tamiflu in time? Clem, may there be peace and God's mercy for your brother. IC, big hugs, hon. Gayle, infection-free hugs going out to you too.

Mackie congrats on the new job. Hope you will find something else to help fill in where needed.

It is funny that some, and maybe all dogs like to go in circles, when happy. Allie never did but she was a different dog. She did not like riding in cars and she was pretty independent in her own way.

I am already looking in to my second opinion. Not ready for that yet but I use to work with him. He is Mayo clinic trained and he is the neurosurgeon that performed the miracle surgery on my brother years ago. I just wanted to check to see if he was still in practice since so many of the DRs I worked with have retired. He still is in practice thank goodness. Could not find some of the other neurosurgeons I worked with they would be about my age or a bit younger.

Have a good day.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

LogicsHere wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:24 am Good morning all.

Cloudy day here day, low 40s. Just makes it a bit more difficult to get things done because I need to turn on the lights to do everything.

Happy anniversary, Jackie.

Just a few words . . . I unfortunately don't get to post or read the boards every day and I do miss a lot especially when someone writes about one of their family members or themselves being injured or sick etc.. You have all been so good to me with my situations. I want you to know that I appreciate you all and that if I should miss sending prayers etc. to you because I've not had the opportunity to read all the posts especially on the days they were posted, I do apologize. Clem (re brother), Jackie (re son and self), IC (re husband), Gayle (re self), Allie (re self) prayers and hugs to you all. And prayers and hugs to any whom I have missed.

I'm still in the process of replacing two computers. I need to keep one with XP on it so that I can use my graphics programs. I purchased a refurbished one which should suffice for that purpose especially because I won't be using it as much as the Windows 10 system. In speaking with the tech about that one, I was going to replace the hard drive, but he gave me a good argument about why I should just get a new one which makes sense. I have to write him back and tell him I plan to do that but that I still will need him to do a few things on both (set up wifi router, set up system imaging backups, etc.)

Went out to the grocery store a while ago and went into sticker shock when I saw what they call a slicing tomato at $2.99 a lb. Decided that I'd check out the store closest to me and if the same, I'd just substitute beet slices in my salads. I did find the other store a bit less pricey but still ended up paying .98 for 1 tomato.

Dinner tonight will be chicken, some french fries and mixed veggies.

Have a great day.
Logics when I was at the store yesterday I was going to pick up some citrus fruit. No thank you it was $1.00 per orange or $1.00 for a tangelo. I will do without at that price.
Janet Alliesmama
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Clem, you are especially in my thoughts and prayers today. (((Hugs)))

Jackie, Happy Anniversary!

Mackie, Congrats on the job.

Janet, I hope that the shot and PT keeps you feeling OK as long as possible so you can avoid surgery.

Creative, I’m glad that your niece is doing so well and will stay well as long as possible. She has such a positive attitude and I believe that makes a difference.

It is warm today here but last night it did get chilly and I changed from my summer pjs to winter pjs in the middle of the night.

This week I’ve noticed a BIG increase in traffic. The visitors are here. They are a big part of our economy but traffic is so bad from after New Years until April 15.

Yesterday I raked all the leaves in the area mom called Shady Glen. Most of the oak leaves have not fallen yet.

Today I’ll work on decluttering my second bedroom. I’ve been focusing on things I see every day but do not really see if you know what I mean. The room looks so much better now that the Christmas boxes are put away.

Have a good day and hope those who are feeling poorly have a better day today.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:01 am Janet, my Goldie Dog spins in circles when she is excited. She will run to the car door and spin in place until I catch up and open it for her.

Congratulations on the new job.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/