Daily Check-in January 10, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check-in January 10, 2020

Post by MackerelCat »

ICFrugal, my Goldie Dog is half dachshund and half Eskimo Spitz. She looks like a golden fox and weighs only 21 pounds. Her real name is Marigold, but it's quite a mouthful to holler at her, so she is Goldie for short.

Patty, it's so good to hear from you! Sorry your back never improved, but is a blessing in disguise that you could be there for your sister.
Mackie
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good evening all, good to see you Patty.

Strangely warm and yet wet today, in the low 60's....I love the warm part but know extreme cold is eventually gonna get us.

Got my to-do list done early, had the youngest grand this afternoon...she is lots of fun but wears me out LOL.

Trying to keep to my version of the pantry challenge (only buying fresh salad stuff and cheese if needed) Really was joneseying for choc candy this evening so made a batch of choc no bake cookies...made too many of course but put some in a recycled tin for the DD's.

I need to go to the recycle depot tomorrow IF it isn't pouring down rain all day.
I have finally finished sorting all of the papers and pictures.....so many....I tracked down a cousins wife who will be taking the genealogy stuff. I am also giving her old pictures of my moms extended family to go with the paperwork.
I have to say it feels good to have it done.

In going thru the pantry I found a can of salmon....salmon patties are now on the menu LOL. I am also going to make a large pan of mashed potatoes and will freeze portions in a muffin tin "ala Libby". It works great for me. I am thinking I might make some muffin tin crustless quiches....easy to grab and eat and will use up some eggs.

Off to read and relax,
JCKitty
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

I folded & put away kitchen towels and tablecloths—I rearranged the drawer where the tablecloths live.

Then I hauled a large pile of girls’ pants upstairs to sort through, and folded. I had the girls put their clothes away when they came home from school, and took a pile back downstairs-some to go in giveaway bag and some to put away for dd6.

The rest of the day, I drank tea, water, knitted, ate mandarins, and watched netflix-Anne with an E first, then Zumbo’s Just Desserts.

Dh is at the big HS wrestling tournament in town. Ds17 said there are 35 schools sending teams this year!!😮😮 Last year there was only about 22 schools represented. According to the brackets shown on computer, ds17 is competing for 3rd place. I hope he makes it!! Sadly I won't be going to cheer him on this year, but between the pneumonia & the chemo, I just don’t think I should go. I’d like to avoid the germs, and I just don't feel well anyhow.

Dinner tonight was leftovers. I ate granola, choc-covered GF pretzels, and mandarins—not healthy but I enjoyed it. 😁
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:47 pm Hello friends,

I folded & put away kitchen towels and tablecloths—I rearranged the drawer where the tablecloths live.

Then I hauled a large pile of girls’ pants upstairs to sort through, and folded. I had the girls put their clothes away when they came home from school, and took a pile back downstairs-some to go in giveaway bag and some to put away for dd6.

The rest of the day, I drank tea, water, knitted, ate mandarins, and watched netflix-Anne with an E first, then Zumbo’s Just Desserts.

Dh is at the big HS wrestling tournament in town. Ds17 said there are 35 schools sending teams this year!!😮😮 Last year there was only about 22 schools represented. According to the brackets shown on computer, ds17 is competing for 3rd place. I hope he makes it!! Sadly I won't be going to cheer him on this year, but between the pneumonia & the chemo, I just don’t think I should go. I’d like to avoid the germs, and I just don't feel well anyhow.

Dinner tonight was leftovers. I ate granola, choc-covered GF pretzels, and mandarins—not healthy but I enjoyed it. 😁
Gayle right now eat what makes you happy and taste good since you have had such a rough time with chemo and your tongue problem.

Sounds like you were busy hopefully you are feeling ok after the activity? Also you should feel like you did something useful and productive.

I know nothing about the movies you are watching. I am very bad about keeping up with the movies. However if possible add a lot of comedy to your viewing. When I had my total knee surgeries close together a friend of mine would call to check on me. She is a psychologist and she would always ask me if I was watching comedy because comedy and laughing help to heal. There have been studies if you want to look things up.

Keep doing what you can but at the same time stop and rest whether or not you have finished a project. It will be there when you have recuperated. I can only do things for about 10 to 15 min and then have to rest but it eventually gets done.

When is your next chemo? Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Janet Alliesmama
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:25 am Gayle right now eat what makes you happy and taste good since you have had such a rough time with chemo and your tongue problem.

Sounds like you were busy hopefully you are feeling ok after the activity? Also you should feel like you did something useful and productive.

I know nothing about the movies you are watching. I am very bad about keeping up with the movies. However if possible add a lot of comedy to your viewing. When I had my total knee surgeries close together a friend of mine would call to check on me. She is a psychologist and she would always ask me if I was watching comedy because comedy and laughing help to heal. There have been studies if you want to look things up.

Keep doing what you can but at the same time stop and rest whether or not you have finished a project. It will be there when you have recuperated. I can only do things for about 10 to 15 min and then have to rest but it eventually gets done.

When is your next chemo? Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
I do need to watch more comedies but too much “funny” stuff is also vulgar these days.

My next (last) Chemo is Thursday January 16th, then no more chemo!!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:19 pm I do need to watch more comedies but too much “funny” stuff is also vulgar these days.

My next (last) Chemo is Thursday January 16th, then no more chemo!!

I know you are not looking forward to going through your last chemo but what a relief once you get through it.Still keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Janet Alliesmama