Poor Prince Harry

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Poor Prince Harry

Post by Quilter51 »

as far as the protection, that will happen whether they want it or not. It happens. Here in American Jimmy Carter volunteers and lives extremely frugally. He still gets secret service protection-from the taxpayers. and frankly, for good reason.

So if the only complaint is that they would still get "protection", I'm not seeing it as something to end the world over. As I understand it, they would be willing to live on what they have now plus whatever money dad may or may not help them with. Which might be nothing. The poor boy is becoming more irrelevant all the time as it is, and william and Kate want to have more babies.....

It occurs to me that were his mother alive she would probably be his greatst cheerleader, and people who admire her or say they admire her should take that into consideration. I often wonder if they would actually have continued to admirer her had she lived a long life exactly as she pleased.......

Personally I don't understand England's (and many Americans it would seem)obsession with the Monarchy and royalty in general, after all we fought a war to get rid of it. But even if you care about it surely ther eare more than enough to do what needs to be done without this couple.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/09/world/europe/prince-harry-meghan-markle.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage
rinty

Post by rinty »

Quilter51 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:44 pm as far as the protection, that will happen whether they want it or not. It happens. Here in American Jimmy Carter volunteers and lives extremely frugally. He still gets secret service protection-from the taxpayers. and frankly, for good reason.

So if the only complaint is that they would still get "protection", I'm not seeing it as something to end the world over. As I understand it, they would be willing to live on what they have now plus whatever money dad may or may not help them with. Which might be nothing. The poor boy is becoming more irrelevant all the time as it is, and william and Kate want to have more babies.....

It occurs to me that were his mother alive she would probably be his greatst cheerleader, and people who admire her or say they admire her should take that into consideration. I often wonder if they would actually have continued to admirer her had she lived a long life exactly as she pleased.......

Personally I don't understand England's (and many Americans it would seem)obsession with the Monarchy and royalty in general, after all we fought a war to get rid of it. But even if you care about it surely ther eare more than enough to do what needs to be done without this couple.
They are willing to live on what they have now ???? Who provides it ? And please don't say Charles and all his UNTAXED gazillions. These spoiled entitled babies are PLAYING at coping..........they aren't going to go live under a rock, they are gonna go live the high life with no responsibilities cos they " don't wanna ". I am most certainly not a fan of the royals, but I am a real fan of Diana. Had she lived there is no way Harry would have married as he has IMO. Mothers have great intuition about our kids and can recognise those who will do our children wrong ............Diana would indeed have been his greatest cheerleader and don't underestimate the feeling of those in the UK who listened to Earl Spencer at her funeral about the care and upbringing of those boys. The biggest tragedy here is the way Harry and William are not as close.

My own Meghan moment came during the Trooping of the Colour. Her role was to turn up ( or not, she could certainly have decided not to ) stand on a balcony for 20 minutes and look the right way.

The end.

Hardly taxing.

She couldn't be bothered and turned round to yak at Harry. Embarrassed, he obviously tells her to turn around. She, with a look of " don't you tell me what to do" she turns round again, cos it all about HER . Pathetic. She prob only dressed up and came along cos Standing on the Balcony Waving at Massive Crowds with The Queen of England is prob a REALLY cool Instagram moment. She is way old enough to know what she married into ...........MONEY. FAME, SERVANTS DOING YOUR EVERY WHIM, ultimate celebrity lifestyle and ya only gotta do about 17 hours of work every month.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Quilter51 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:44 pm Personally I don't understand England's (and many Americans it would seem)obsession with the Monarchy and royalty in general, after all we fought a war to get rid of it. But even if you care about it surely ther eare more than enough to do what needs to be done without this couple.
While I understand there's been actual research on why there's obsession over other countries' royal families, I didn't read any of it and don't understand it either - half the time it seems more like marketing than news, someone certainly believes we all 'must have' whatever shoe or skirt one or the other of them is wearing.

I went back to google after reading your post, the part about the elder son and his wife wanting more children - she's 38, and he's 37. She's older, but apparently not so much so that it's considered problematic. Hope they're not pressing their luck with healthy pregnancies and kids.

And who the blazes would want to harm Carter, I wonder. He seems like such a nice man - hopefully he'll get to 100 and set that longest living president goalpost waaay out there. :)
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Since it keeps being said that they will probably move to Canada, this is an article that says Canada will be stuck with the security costs....

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/prince-harry-and-meghans-possible-move-could-be-costly-for-canadian-taxpayers/ar-BBYOodv?ocid=spartandhp

Sure hope that does not happen (we regularly supply the security for visiting royals as that is what a commonwealth country does, usually only for a short time span though) as right now there are people who complain about the cost of our Prime Minister and families security. This would put them right over the edge into utter madness.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
rinty

Post by rinty »

I had thought Harry and Meghan had scraped the bottom of the barrel but the disgusting behaviour continues.

Wouldn't it be common courtesy to remain with ones's husband rather than fly back to Canada after 3 days ? Its not like she has a job or anything. Why on earth leave Archie there anyway ? Someon commented that its not like she is saying she has the kid , he has to join her...........well, she is , isn't she ?

More revelations on how this has affected the relationship between the brothers, who were each others rock.

Just disgusting selfishness which is impacting on others ........

Why does this selfish pair think their FAKE do -gooding somehow offsets their appalling attitude to people who have cared for them............like the latest Instagram post which shows a visit to the Poor People............in their 3 day window over here.

We don't need part time royalty.

No cash, no HRH, no being allowed to use ANY " royal " connection in any way ....." Sussex Royal trademark ", indeed . Pick a country and a house and stay there.