Daily Check In January 13, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In January 13, 2020

Post by Jackielou »

Just getting us started....Off to find the coffee pot.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check In January 13, 2020

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Jackie, sending you and your entire family my prayers and hope that the situation resolves itself soon. It sounds incredibly scary.

To Gayle, a belated Happy Birthday.

Clem, good to hear brother is hanging on; will keep him in my prayers.

What an unusual weekend it was here weatherwise but a nice change of pace. Today it's supposed to be 20 degrees cooler (44 degrees F) and cloudy so it will feel rather chilly.

Have been tranferring files from my main computer to an external drive in preparation for the arrival of my new computer. Still a lot of work to be done as well as downloading all new drivers for programs I currently have licenses for. Today my Coloring Group meets as well so this is what I've planned for today.

Lost a little bit of weight last week :), not much, but it's a start!

Dinner tonight will be chicken, a small potato and some mixed veggies.

Well, going to run for now. Have a wonderful day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Up at my usual hour, with the usual long list of household tasks to complete.

I also will be heading out to my Prayer Shawl Ministry meeting this afternoon. It has been awhile and we are anxious to get back together. I believe we will be setting up the meetings for the remaining months before the summer holidays begin. I might also discuss with them if we want to continue meeting in the church, or if we want to meet there once a month and at my place (or one of theirs the next). Perhaps even meeting just once a month would be enough. Lots of questions, lots of things up in the air right now.

Lucky I did not loose my whole post as I once again highlighted something by accident and pouf when I hit a key.

Frugally speaking there will be no money spent but as I am out and about on this cold winters day I might just go to the bank and get our allowances out a bit early. I will just put it in a drawer until the day arrives.

I have made fairly good headway in using up the extra large cleaners that reside underneath both the kitchen sink and the bathroom sink. I really am looking forward to seeing if I can make my own cleaners and how effective they will turn out. I will need to stop by the Dollar + Store and pick up a couple more spray bottles though. I won't buy the dollar ones, rather the ones that are $2.00 seem to be better made and work.

Other frugal happenings will be laundry done as frugally as possible, dusting with rags that can be washed, hanging what I can to air dry on the lines downstairs, pulling a container of soup out of the freezer for supper tonight, and since I did not get the bread made yesterday, making a loaf today.

I will also be going through the contents of the fridge and fridge freezer to see what I need to use up over the next few days. Things seem to be piling up in both areas once again.

Supper tonight is going to be soup, along with some egg salad sandwiches.

Today I am grateful for those that love and care for my eldest son. They are watching over him as we can not.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Logics congrats on your weight loss. Any loss is better than none or even gaining. Good luck on your weight loss journey.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. The rivers are suppose to crest today and be back to normal by Thursday. We still have a lot of snow on the ground but the snow is slowly melting off of the driveway. I cleaned some of the snow off of my deck yesterday but it was difficult. At least I had areas to put out fresh bird food. This morning I put out more and my deck is a lovely colorful flurry of birds flying in and out. Not much else going on here except the usual cooking.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning,

Today is the day, we don't know what time the procedure is yet, they are working him in.

We still have not told our families, I know that they will be upset. But oh well, I'm doing what dh wants. It is a lot to face.

Dh wants me here 24/7 right now so I took the dogs to the kennel, it's the kennel that we used for dog before he died so we trust them.

They are nice enough to take them on short notice, but they had me pay a week in advance in case I was abandoning them
Good grief!!!

Thank you again

Ic