Daily Check In January 14, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check In January 14, 2020

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

Wondering about ICFrugals hubby and how that is going, hope all is going well.

I have been up, hauled wood, and emptied ash bucket in the chicken pen. They love routing thru the ashes and it is a good natural deterrent for mites.

My eye doctor appointment is a little after 1 so have cleaned up and dressed for it. I want answers but I get stressed about having to go, doesn't make sense but I am like that with anything to do with doctors. But I do really like my doctor.

When I get home I will probably have to lay down for a bit...if I get my eye dilated.

I need to gather paperwork for tomorrows bank appointment...I like being over-prepared. If I have time tomorrow I also need to go to the county courthouse.
I want everything prepped ahead of time on the transfer of deed.

No idea about supper... plenty to choose from.
Off to read for a bit, dark and so gloomy today...blah.

JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I am trying not to get weird uber-frugal because it would add to my stress. I'm aiming for positive creative frugality.

This week I remembered that there was a bag of reusable K cups stowed away on the top shelf of the pantry and started using them. A small container of Maxwell House coffee should last a month or more and costs the same as a week's supply of the not-national brand K cups I was buying. And it is actually quite good. Not quite as smooth as the store bought cups, but definitely worth it.

Another thing that's definitely worth it is going to the bread outlet store. It's about two miles down a back road to a Bimbo Bakery Outlet (Bimbo is a Mexican company that now owns Sara Lee) and Sara Lee Honey Wheat sandwich bread is $1.30 a loaf there. It.s $2.99 a loaf at Food Lion. So I buy six loaves every visit and pop them in the freezer. They taste just fine when they thaw.

In other news, we had a tremendous storm toward morning and the landscape is drenched. I slept through it!

I think today I will do a little grocery shopping. It's not on my usual day, but a visit to Save-a-Lot for some meat for the freezer is necessary and I need a few baking items from Food Lion. After nearly three months of cutting the grocery budget by about 45 percent, we have run the pantry and freezer way down.

Will also put in some more job applications and clean house/do laundry/wrangle dogs today.

Hope everyone has a good and peaceful day.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Mackie

How much coffee do you drink? How many k-cups a week?

You can get some good deals at the dollar stores - if you do not insist on buying the same brand all the time

I was going to go that route and it would be less than 5 dollars a week for a 12 count box. Is that a lot?

The COD gets me a 80 ct box from SAMs, but he can never tell me how much it costs. He forgets.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

cleaning out the frige

Spaghetti with use by date of 2014?? :o
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Clem, I drink only one or two cups a day. A 12 count box of Grind On K cups is $3.99 or $3.49, if on sale, at Food Lion, and it's good coffee, smoother than Seattle's Best. An 11.5 oz.. can of Maxwell House is $3.99, regular price, at Food Lion, and the label says it can make 90 6 oz. cups of coffee, so I figure one can a month is a good estimate.
Mackie
rinty

Post by rinty »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:33 pm cleaning out the frige

Spaghetti with use by date of 2014?? :o
In the fridge , Clem ????? :shock: Whoa .