Daily check in January 15, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Daily check in January 15, 2019

Post by gaylejackson2 »

I’m wide awake so might as well start the daily check in.
gaylejackson2

Re: Daily check in January 15, 2019

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

Nothing quite like your mind refusing to turn off at 3:30am after a night bathroom visit.

I’m brewing Sleepytime tea in hopes of stomach settling & mind turning off enough to sleep a couple more hours. My tummy was rumbling like it was empty-probably is but I dont want heartburn from eating so early in morning.

Today I start my pre-chemo steroid pills (will take them on day after too). I also have my pre-chemo blood tests too.

Yesterday I did not walk, a pity as it was quite warm & really lovely about 2-3pm. Today I MUST walk.

I have knitted enough on my ribbed shawl/capelet that I can now decrease to create the collar-I think I want it 4-5 inches long. Then it will be time to fo the button band. Any of you knitters want to explain how I should do that?

There is a severe winter storm warning for Thursday night into Friday morning. Dh is worried about us driving home that night after my chemo, so we may stay in SLC with my cousin (she lives very close to Huntsman) on Thursday night.

I just read on family Whatsapp chat that dsil’s Mother died yesterday or Monday. I’m sad for Dsil, her Mother was a kind & gracious lady.

I think today is a niece or nephew’s birthday. Can’t remember; I stopped keeping track after my own children were born. I have 32 nieces & nephews, plus 10-15 greatn’s, way too many to track.

I’m going to drink my tea & try for sleep.

Not sure on dinner tonight.
I panfried Elk blackstrap steaks last night. I hurt like crazy afterwards though.

Today I’m grateful for blankets left on the couch (kitchen-living room is 67 degrees & feels colder; outside is 9F with RealFeel of -2F), and my furry-lined birthday slippers.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:29 am Hello friends,

Nothing quite like your mind refusing to turn off at 3:30am after a night bathroom visit.

I’m brewing Sleepytime tea in hopes of stomach settling & mind turning off enough to sleep a couple more hours. My tummy was rumbling like it was empty-probably is but I dont want heartburn from eating so early in morning.

Today I start my pre-chemo steroid pills (will take them on day after too). I also have my pre-chemo blood tests too.

Yesterday I did not walk, a pity as it was quite warm & really lovely about 2-3pm. Today I MUST walk.

I have knitted enough on my ribbed shawl/capelet that I can now decrease to create the collar-I think I want it 4-5 inches long. Then it will be time to fo the button band. Any of you knitters want to explain how I should do that?

There is a severe winter storm warning for Thursday night into Friday morning. Dh is worried about us driving home that night after my chemo, so we may stay in SLC with my cousin (she lives very close to Huntsman) on Thursday night.

I just read on family Whatsapp chat that dsil’s Mother died yesterday or Monday. I’m sad for Dsil, her Mother was a kind & gracious lady.

I think today is a niece or nephew’s birthday. Can’t remember; I stopped keeping track after my own children were born. I have 32 nieces & nephews, plus 10-15 greatn’s, way too many to track.

I panfried Elk blackstrap steaks last night. I hurt like crazy afterwards though.

Today I’m grateful for blankets left on the couch (kitchen-living room is 67 degrees & feels colder; outside is 9F with RealFeel of -2F), and my furry-lined birthday slippers.
My button bands are usually part of the pattern. I did do one that had to be sewn on and decided never again. Penny uses a different type for her bands.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:29 am Hello friends,

Gayle hope you did get some sleep. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for your chemo and the trip.. Hopefully you will be able to get through this last round of chemo and start the healing process again.. Love and ((hugs)) your friend, Janet
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Thanks all for thinking that I could be considered frugal/thrifty with my various hobby stashes. I try to be but sometimes I do get carried away purchasing "pretties" as Hubby calls them.

It is a frosty day here on the Canadian prairies, right now it is -29 C (though one online weather app is saying -32 C) or -22 F but of course we have a slight breeze so that makes the feels like temperature -42 C or -44 F. Just a regular winters day now after some really nice weather before. Since it is not fit for man or beast outside and I did not get my baking done yesterday, I will do so today. Though it is tempting to bundle up and go to the neighbours for coffee to at least get out of the house for a bit.

Todays baking will include a cake, cinnamon buns, and perhaps some rhubarb loaves. If the oven is on I may as well make full use of it, and the chest freezer downstairs could use the addition of a couple of items.

Household task list is short and I should get through it relatively quickly. The longest chore will be making a grocery list using the flyer from my favourite store. I sure hope there are some good sale items in place.

I usually do my frugal exercise of walking in the morning. Today I am going to switch things up and do it right after lunch. Perhaps that will jump start the weight loss once again.

I just have the red knit t-shirts to cut up now. This afternoon should be the last day and it really does look like I have removed a box of stash items from storage. This will be perfect for storing something else in. I will also do a bit more organizing so that I can get my knitting machine out and set up for use. Slowly, slowly room is being made and things getting used up.

Supper this evening is going to be homemade baked beans and sausage. Hubby always enjoys a starch with his meal so I will fry up the leftover potatoes (was going to make pasta, but hey use things up first). I will make coleslaw or a tossed salad to go with.

Today I am grateful that it has been another good day for oldest DS, the hate seems to be dissipating a bit, and he seems to be up in mood. Just hope this keeps up.

Everybody have a great day.

Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good foggy morning. We have dense fog and the temps are mild. Chance of drizzling rain this morning.

I am sleeping better for the first time in years and at the same time very tired. However not going to complain. Working on cooking and trying to find recipes in my numerous cookbooks that will work with what I have on hand. I am doing ok but need to look more in to vegetarian type foods since that is what I have the most of in canned beans, dried beans etc. Looking forward to the adventure.

Jackie Good to hear that your DS might be fading from the front lines of other peoples thoughts.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Last edited by alliesmama4 on Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Janet Alliesmama