Daily Check In January 22, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ownedbydogs

Re: Daily Check In January 22, 2019

Post by ownedbydogs »

East Tn is cold this morning. It was 23 on the sun porch at 530 and is now up to 26 with the sun coming thru the windows. The dogs didn’t stay out long. Neither did I when I let the goats out. Lol. As long as it doesn’t snow, I will be happy.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all, my laptop is acting up again keep getting that error message and can't get into the forum on my laptop so have to do it by phone. It is cold, and dreary so nothing new there LOL. Need to make a trip into town to the bank and bring in more firewood but other than that usual household chores and reading for entertainment. Because it is not easy posting from my cell phone I can read but answering is a pain. Talk later hope all is well, JC Kitty
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I ended up with a mini van as a rental. It's only been 3 years since I drove one on a regular basis, so no big deal.

Went to yoga again last night and it was good. But this room has mirrors. Yuck! LOL. Maybe tonight I will take a walk at the Mall.

I got my time off approved to go to FL for a week. Mom and Dad have a house for all of Feb in Cocoa Beach. Dad said he had an email about discounted tickets to Harry Potter world (all three areas) at Universal. So at 53, my parents are going to take me to Universal. LOL! Should be fun. They have been there before and gush about it.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Got a text from my stylist and someone cancelled due to the flu. My appointment is now much earlier!!! Can get my shopping done after it, bring it home, scan and put away all before the doctor's appointment.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Maggie, I had a gym membership one year, and used it religiously, but always averted my eyes from the mirrors. In step class, I was always at the back!

As others have said, it's cold in east Tennessee today, even in the south part. My single mom friend came by this morning to apply for free phone service through food stamps and to use my laptop to put in some applications for one or two day a week nanny jobs. Baby slept through it all, bundled up, so I did not get to play with him.

Today I will do more housecleaning and put in some applications myself. If it warms up any, a small amount of grocery shopping needs to happen.
Mackie
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good afternoon.

Cold here today, but what do you expect when it's winter and in the middle of January. At least it's not doing that "s" word.

Ran out to the Goodwill Store earlier just to look around. Also took a quick ride over to KMart and Five Below and a private drug store called Valuable Drugs". Picked up 3 items for about $8 total.

Came home to 3 missed calls from my sister ---- griping about her life as usual. I don't know how many times I've told her she's got to get her life straight down there and if the others won't change then she is going to have to and accept it whether she likes it or not. If she can get to the acceptance stage, it will help take away some of the constant turmoil and tension. It's so bad it upsets me because I don't need to hear the same thing over and over again 10 times a day, 7 days a week. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

It makes me SO thankful that I am by myself at times.

Have been working on a coloring technique to create a "silver" heart-shaped key. I think I'm going to color it with a tint of light gray and then go over it with a white or silver glitter gel pen. I need to practice with the gray color a bit more because I'm not exactly happy yet. I will take my pens with me to my group but if the library has a decent looking gold glitter pen I might use that instead. My gold pens are just a bit too dark.

Picked up refills of 2 of my prescriptions yesterday. What a great feeling not having a co-pay on them. With the plan I had last year, my 3 medications cost me about $300 along with the plan cost of $417. It has to be at least 20 years ago that I had previously gotten them for "free" with my health insurance.

Well going to go for now. Have a good day.