Daily Check In January 24, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: Daily Check In January 24, 2020

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

Foggy outside which makes the fire less want to burn-until hubby sprayed diesel on the wood (lol, his “magic scout water”). Today we have 56% of snow this afternoon, with high to be 29F, currently 17F with realfeel of 12F.

I slept most of yesterday, so did very little.

I am determined to knit while girls are at school for their half-day Friday.

Meatloaf for dinner tonight, pork chops w/mushroom sauce for tomorrow's dinner.

Tomorrow is Dh’s 44th birthday. Monday is dd6’s 7th birthday, but we’ll celebrate on Sunday, though she will take treats for her class on Monday.

Today I’m thankful for so much stored firewood, and for the church friend who split a giant pile for us.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Grey and ucky day...my dog is spread across my lap.This weather makes him snuggle.

need to go to town to cash a check.the brother and sister in law FINALLY paid me my share of expenses on the rental. 4 months of expenses.

The chicken and rice was really good, i have enough for 1 more meal.DD took enough for last night and lunch today. My cookies were good but spread too much for my liking, eatable but too thin.

Will be doing the usual Friday stuff and watching Netflix. I am NOT watching the impeachment proceedings...I just can't.
Off to find my mojo.
Have a great day all,
JCKitty
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I am getting my hair done this morning.

I gathered and put out the trash.

I finally peeled a bag of carrots. Even got it done before I put out the trash. I cut them up. So I have carrots for munching on the next few days.

I have the bottom sheet on the bed. I will finish making it later.

Penny
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...
Gray and rainy here, too. Apparently I overdid a bit ... my back is reminding me that it is not that happy.

Not a lot going on at the moment. Will try to get a few chores done. Have a bill to pay ... should order some more cat food, too. Would like to go out, but not sure I want to deal with the weather.

Jackie, I'm glad you got some reassurance about your surgery ...
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. We have fog and it is very cold. Snow on the ground but not deep about 2 inches. Yesterday morning I could not get my satellite for my internet until around 9:00 AM due to the satellite icing over. Last night I lost both my TV satellite and my internet satellite due to icing. Late last night the internet returned but the TV was off until very early this morning. Thank goodness I keep an air wave antennae TV in my bedroom otherwise I would have been not have been able to see what was going on in our local area as far as news and weather updates. I do have a weather radio but it just repeats the same thing over and over and is not as specific as the local TV stations. The good thing is that when my TV sat. does go out I can still view programs that I have taped previously. I hate commercials so I tape everything so that I can fast forward through them.

Throughout the day yesterday I kept hearing heavy equipment being used. I could not imagine who was out in the severe weather working since most of my neighbors that have farms would not be out in this weather with machinery. When I finally opened my drapes in the dining area of the great room I saw a big truck on the road in front of my house. It was a tree trimming company. They were out there during the height of the snow and ice cutting off branches and putting them in a chipper. God bless them. They have been up and down our various roads the last several weeks trimming back branches from the power lines. They are out there right now I can hear the chipper. Whenever you have to drive pass the area they are working in you have to creep through the area due to the narrow roads. They always smile, wave, or nod. I hope when they go home that someone has a nice hot meal waiting for them.

So glad I stopped and bought bird food the other day. There are more birds on my deck than usual. Glad they are flocking here more and more but will have to pick up more bird food on Monday.

I need to make another loaf of my gluten free batter bread. It is so easy to make and bake in my counter top cooker. It does not require kneading which is a big plus.

Keeping IC, Gayle, Libby, and Logics's with their various needs in my thoughts and prayers.

Have a good day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

jckitty wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:05 am Good morning all,

Grey and ucky day...my dog is spread across my lap.This weather makes him snuggle.

need to go to town to cash a check.the brother and sister in law FINALLY paid me my share of expenses on the rental. 4 months of expenses.

The chicken and rice was really good, i have enough for 1 more meal.DD took enough for last night and lunch today. My cookies were good but spread too much for my liking, eatable but too thin.

Will be doing the usual Friday stuff and watching Netflix. I am NOT watching the impeachment proceedings...I just can't.
Off to find my mojo.
Have a great day all,
JCKitty
I can’t watch either. Your DDs will live to read the sordid history of the people who worshiped a false idol.