Daily Check In January 24, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
colonialgirl

Re: Daily Check In January 24, 2020

Post by colonialgirl »

Morning all,
Have to post from my phone so this will be brief. My laptop may be broken and my internet is down.

Hubs is off playing indoor golf. So as soon as I get awake I am tearing into my kitchen and re organize all my storage.

Well this is a pain in the tookus to post like this. Will check in when I have internet. Good day to all. CG
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Morning all,
Have to post from my phone so this will be brief. My laptop may be broken and my internet is down.

Hubs is off playing indoor golf. So as soon as I get awake I am tearing into my kitchen and re organize all my storage.

Well this is a pain in the tookus to post like this. Will check in when I have internet. Good day to all. CG
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

mbrudnic wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:58 am Good Morning happy Frugal villagers (lol),

Janet, hope you enjoyed your birthday. My parents are close to your age. And you do amaze me in how much you get done.

My car will be finished early next week. I got a call from the body shop last night.

looks like I have conference calls form now until 1 PM Fun (Not).

Maggie I do not feel that amazing. I do get things done in short burst of energy and then recuperate like a slug on the couch for long periods of time...lol. It helps to have an aide that does a lot of the housework. It allows me to putter in areas that I enjoy doing.

I received some Happy Birthday e-mails and also on Face Book. My SIL called from Mexico to wish me a Happy Birthday. She said her gift to me she was not going to sing Happy Birthday to me..lol. That is what I usually tell them when I call them on their birthdays. I did very little for my birthday but enjoyed being home and watching the snow fall. When you reach my age you just enjoy the moments as they happen. I live a simple life as a little old lady in the country. No cats yet! lol. I have Teddi and I am basically happy.

Yippee on getting your car back soon. Rentals are ok for the short term but there is comfort in knowing the way you own car responds to your driving.

I use to hate meetings of any kind. I would rather be out on the floor working with patients rather than in a meeting. Hope the morning goes quickly for you.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackielou wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:13 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

Another night of tossing and turning. I think there will be at least one more night as such and that is if the bedroom only needs one more coat of paint. Hubby thinks the wall that used to have the electric baseboard heat may need a third. I would say a nap this afternoon is in order, but that just never seems to happen. I just can not fall asleep with the sun shining and the cat taking up the vast majority of the chesterfield.

I am not very happy with the way our spending is going. For some reason this month has been harder than usual to pull back on the financial reins and stop some of the slow leaks. Groceries are higher, even just buying the necessities, and for some reason we have been using way more fuel in the vehicle and not really driving any more than usual. Even my no spend days are not where I would like them to be. I will be taking a good hard look at where expenditures can be cut and tweaking a few budget lines once again.

It isn't that we can't afford to spend, it is more the I don't want to spend needlessly on silly things. Much rather spend on experiences or our DS's to see their enjoyment while we can.

Okay, now as far as my surgery is concerned I contacted the waitlist for my health area. I am now only 3 to 5 months away from surgery. It really dropped the past while. So I am thinking 4 months if all goes right. I asked my Dr. if the cells found could have changed into something worse, and she set my mind at rest. In looking at the biopsy results she said that it would take years for the precancerous cells to change into cancer. Whew, that was the one thing I was worried about and now I feel so much better. Also found out that the last blood test was to see if the statins were causing my muscle pain. All is fine and the doc said to massage the thigh area and to try drinking more water.

This morning I will pay a few bills online, get those pesky household tasks completed (one chore also involves using the hand held vacuum to give the cat a bit of a massage, yes Shania loves it lays down when I tell her to, and even rolls over so I can do both sides of her body). We do have a very strange cat.

I am still picturing how I am going to do the sewing/craft room and still enable me to use all my sewing machines, the computer, the Cricut, and the knitting machine. Not getting a clear picture as of yet. I really need to figure that out soon so I can move on.

Supper tonight will be another serving of the Chinese food. This will make the purchase price for each meal a bit lower, but still a lot more than what this type of meal used to be.

Today I am grateful that I will still be able to get out for a lovely walk or two.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie good to hear you are going to be having your surgery some time this year. I have been concerned about how long it takes to have surgery in your area. At least the Dr gave you some comforting information about the cells not being aggressive and needing surgery immediately.
Janet Alliesmama
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Well i am now having a frustrating day...went to start my SUV to go into town and my battery is completely dead. My own fault as i left the seat warmer on....seriously can't believe i was so silly.
Tried the jump starter...didn't work ,the fiance said because battery was completely drained. I have the trickle charger on it now and he will be checking it for me later, I just drove what i still consider "dads car", it probably needed driven anyway.

I did get my errands done, so that's good.

I find myself feeling frustrated and anxious so much now days. I do attribute most of it to this political climate. The feeling of helplessness just never goes away.

I am going to make some tea and watch mindless TV.
Colonial Girl, i know what you mean, when my laptop acts up it is way easier to just read the forum on the phone...posting is not easy.
FloridaCat I "feel ya" sister

JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

You ladies with only a laptop - need a backup.

Especially if you like to be online reading. I have my desktop, laptop and 2 Ipads. I need to clean up the old ipad and give it to the COD.

Sorry to hear about the cold weather. We are having fabulous sunny cool weather here. It hasn't been really cold this winter. And we will probably pay for it this summer. Will probably be super hot.

Things for my older sibling seem to be ready to go. It has been kind of strange having to wait so long for his burial, but you have to wait for a spot at the national cemetery in the city.

So just waiting.