Daily Check-in January 25, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in January 25, 2020

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:43 am Good morning friends.

Janet, good luck with the furnace. It is quite new so hopefully nothing serious. Is it still under warranty at least for parts? I think that credit cards have been a big negative for many people’s finances, but that said, I think having one cc is invaluable for emergencies and hope you decide to get one, especially now that your finances are in good shape this year.

I’m going to have a lazy weekend because I’ve had a fairly busy week. I’ve stayed up later than my normal bedtime several nights and last night could barely stay awake for the ladies skating which ended at 11. Tonight is the figure skating dance which is not as much of interest but I still hope to catch most of it. A nap is in store for this afternoon.

I will do laundry and some paperwork. I’ve been paying my Medicare Part B 3 months at a time by cc (since I don’t get SS) but will look at my other options. I’m still collecting tax stuff and my brokerage statement is always late. I’m trying to find a free tax program that allows me to file schedule D (capital gains) since last year I waited until the last minute and got stuck paying $70 for TurboTax Premiere.

Not much else on the docket for this weekend.

Stay warm and healthy.
I hope you are enjoying the skating Floridacatlover. We are into curling here right now, or should I say Hubby is into the curling competitions.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Jackielou wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:05 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

Does the forum look a bit different to anyone else? I have a feeling work was being done on it over night. I even had to sign in once again, which is something I don't usually do.

Any way, slept a bit better last night, but that could be because I stayed up later than usual. My body is stiff and sore though, probably due to that horrible bed. I am still pretty exhausted, but when I thought I would lay on the couch and catch a few more minutes of sleep, Shania decided it was time she got sick. After cleaning up cat mess, I lost the urge to rest.

Hubby has finished painting the bedroom and now will fix some areas of the laminate flooring and start to put the room back together a bit. I would really like to be in there once again, but I have a feeling one more night of the too soft mattress will need to be suffered.

I am actually almost done switching around the sewing/craft room. I could use more space (who could ever say they have enough room for all their crafts), but I am slowly but surely containing things and organizing. Most items are stored away off the floor, and my work area is once again cleaned up. Today I try out the knitting machine (think scrap yarn and very simple objects) and I plan on making a few cards on my Cricut (need to get that hooked up yet). I may even sew a few seams on the dress I have out to sew.

Frugally speaking I will not be spending any cash today, I will continue working on the menus for next month in order to use what we have on hand, walking for exercise both inside and outside (weather is supposed to be fantastic), knitting on the prayer shawl (getting very close to being done) and reading when I can.

I plan on taking the dusty curtains from our bedroom down stairs and washing them at some point today. Pretty sure unlike some in this house I can throw them in the dryer for a bit. This would mean that the entire bedroom (well other than closets) have had their spring cleaning for this year.

The corners of the fridge need to be checked out today. Who knows what has been pushed back and needs freeing from the darkness. I just hope that I don't have to toss anything.

We have been looking at our blinds that are, well to say the least aged and in some disrepair. I am going to measure the windows again and keep my eyes open for some new ones. I will search the second hand stores first (usually they are almost as costly as brand new) and watch for sales. Sprucing up our home is always a good idea. You never know what is going to occur down the road.

Supper tonight will not be leftover Chinese food. I think I am pretty much filled up on that for the next year. I will be pulling some ground meat out of the freezer and making meatloaf. Serving it with mashed potatoes, peas and a tossed salad.

Today I am grateful for the wonderful sunshine we have been getting over the past few days. Sure hope it continues.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Forum doesn’t look different to me but there is a new notice on collecting cookies. Makes me think of clearing my cookies more often and looking at the forum less often.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackielou wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:05 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

Does the forum look a bit different to anyone else? I have a feeling work was being done on it over night. I even had to sign in once again, which is something I don't usually do.

Any way, slept a bit better last night, but that could be because I stayed up later than usual. My body is stiff and sore though, probably due to that horrible bed. I am still pretty exhausted, but when I thought I would lay on the couch and catch a few more minutes of sleep, Shania decided it was time she got sick. After cleaning up cat mess, I lost the urge to rest.

Hubby has finished painting the bedroom and now will fix some areas of the laminate flooring and start to put the room back together a bit. I would really like to be in there once again, but I have a feeling one more night of the too soft mattress will need to be suffered.

I am actually almost done switching around the sewing/craft room. I could use more space (who could ever say they have enough room for all their crafts), but I am slowly but surely containing things and organizing. Most items are stored away off the floor, and my work area is once again cleaned up. Today I try out the knitting machine (think scrap yarn and very simple objects) and I plan on making a few cards on my Cricut (need to get that hooked up yet). I may even sew a few seams on the dress I have out to sew.

Frugally speaking I will not be spending any cash today, I will continue working on the menus for next month in order to use what we have on hand, walking for exercise both inside and outside (weather is supposed to be fantastic), knitting on the prayer shawl (getting very close to being done) and reading when I can.

I plan on taking the dusty curtains from our bedroom down stairs and washing them at some point today. Pretty sure unlike some in this house I can throw them in the dryer for a bit. This would mean that the entire bedroom (well other than closets) have had their spring cleaning for this year.

The corners of the fridge need to be checked out today. Who knows what has been pushed back and needs freeing from the darkness. I just hope that I don't have to toss anything.

We have been looking at our blinds that are, well to say the least aged and in some disrepair. I am going to measure the windows again and keep my eyes open for some new ones. I will search the second hand stores first (usually they are almost as costly as brand new) and watch for sales. Sprucing up our home is always a good idea. You never know what is going to occur down the road.

Supper tonight will not be leftover Chinese food. I think I am pretty much filled up on that for the next year. I will be pulling some ground meat out of the freezer and making meatloaf. Serving it with mashed potatoes, peas and a tossed salad.

Today I am grateful for the wonderful sunshine we have been getting over the past few days. Sure hope it continues.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

I had to sign in again and there was something about cookies but I have not noticed much else. I am so techno challenged unless something has blinking lights to grab my attention I am oblivious..lol. .
Janet Alliesmama
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Janet,

So sorry to hear about your heating issue. I know things will work out and when there is a heat emergency like yours, the service is usually quite prompt.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Well, my post disappeared. I'll try another day.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Jackie,

Yes the forum is different. It looks like Erin might have changed the theme as I'm coming up with a light blue header and white background. I, too, had to log in again. Maybe she even changed hosts.