Daily Check-in January 25, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in January 25, 2020

Post by Jackielou »

Hmm, I am getting blue instead of the tan/brown that the forum was before. Also the header is different.

Also for those that are worried about cookies, most sites do collect cookies and the forum has done so since its inception. Some sites don't tell you they collect cookies, but do it anyway.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Hello all.

Cloudy here today with rain expected. Won't complain because there is no threat of the white stuff again for at least a week.

Things with my sister are so hard right now. I thought seriously about going down, but since we are on the phone so many times a day, I thought it best to hold onto the money to use as a day-to-day expense arises that she might have a problem paying, i.e. car insurance, cable, etc.

She is so depressed and overwhelmed. She went to see him yesterday and said he looks so bad. They have him drugged because something was also triggered where he was pinching people and even accidentally kicked someone in the head. They also have his hands tied as they are afraid he'll rip out the IV. I feel so bad for her and sorry for myself because there really isn't much I can say or do to make her feel better because it isn't going to change the situation. When I planned for my budget back in December, I took the two hospitalizations as a sign of trouble and put in the added expense to help cover her for a while. It's not that I'm truly happy about it because her financial position was created by themselves, but I can't let her find herself homeless.

Other than that, I'm doing OK, but could be better. Wish I could feel a little happier but her situation has been draining me emotionally as well because I have no one to talk to and want to scream after listening to her for the umpteenth time complaining about the same things over and over. And as I said, if I'm home and see that it is her calling I can't not pick up the phone. I can't do that to her.

Finally, between phone calls, got to work a bit on one of my web sites. It felt really good. Would also like to find the time to pull out my accordion and start "learning" it again. Learning to read the "bass notes" of the music is the more difficult part. That's not to say that I still can't play some of it, because I can. I think it would be fun.

I didn't feel like eating much last night after listening to my sister all day so I had a bowl of cereal with a banana. Hopefully today I will find myself in the mood to make some spaghetti with meatballs or one of my mini meatloafs which is basically 1 very large meatball LOL.

Well, going to go for now. Have a wonderful day.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I hope and pray that things get better for your sister, Logic.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I too see a different theme to the forum page.

I woke early and did my grocery shopping before my favorite Food Network TV shows. I don't like the competition, but love the cooking shows.

Tonight there is a birthday party for my cousin who is now 40. Soon here I will color my hair. I have a gray streak about an inch back from my hairline, right where I part it.

Have a great day,
Maggie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Love the new look. The light blue color is pretty.

Looks great!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Slept well last night

We are having another sunny day. Still a little chilly but so comfy when you sleep with 6 dogs! They have already been out twice this morning. We even went back to sleep after their 7am trip outside. Must be why i feel good. Usually i stay up.

I did my taxes about ten days ago and was surprised that it was accepted so quickly by the irs. It usually just sits with turbotax for a week or so. Well another surprise - my little refund will be deposited this week.

Today is the usual around here. Hope all have a great day