Daily Check-in January 25, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Re: Daily Check-in January 25, 2020

Post by littlemiss63 »

There is definitely a different look to the forum and I did have to sign in in order to post, could read but couldn't post. Some bugs may need to be worked out.

I have a few errands to run today and then will come back home and start purging the clothes that I don't need or have room for anymore. I put new hanging bars and storage into 3 closets and before I start putting things back I definitely need to donate or sell. These units are made by Rubbermaid and I think I am going to really enjoy them.

Have enjoyed a nice breakfast of grits, fried eggs and strawberry jelly. I use to not eat breakfast and considering it's a must meal for me, I now look forward to it.

Not a lot on my to-do-list. Just put my dough for dinner rolls into the pan to let rise. I have 12 and that will do me for the week. I am also cooking squash in my Ninja for meals next week and have taken a lb of ground chuck out of the freezer that I will make a meat loaf with. I enjoy the left over meat loaf for either dinner or for sandwiches. I will prepare a couple of other vegetables like green beans or white beans. I have been eating my pantry down since Christmas and it's really helped on the grocery bill. I have been bleeding money this month with taxes, insurance and repairs on my damaged rentals that the insurance didn't pay.

I don't know if any of you use plastic container bins to organize your refrigerator, but if you don't take a look at "At Home With Nikki's Refrigerator Organization". I love salads and that is what caught my eye when browsing as she makes up her salads and stores in fruit jars. Now I can't believe how easy it is to keep my refrigerator clean and to not lose things in the refrigerator. It's so much easier to wash the plastic bins and all your refrigerator needs is a wipe out instead of a scrubbing where something has spilled. CG, recommended her and I love her organization style.

Rinty, I honestly don't know how you manage to stay civil to these people who are caring for Tom. You are in my prayers daily for patience, comfort and dealing powers.

Janet, so sorry about your furnace. Like Florida said your parts should be under warranty no longer than you have had it. You definitely need one credit card for emergency. The only harm a credit card can do to you is if you don't use it wisely. You are a smart woman, get one.

Florida, I too love skating, but the channels I have now on Roku want pick it up. I will never forget the 1984 Olympics win for Torvill & Dean with the perfect score. I watch it on YouTube occasionally.

Logics, you and your family are in my prayers. I hope you sister gives thanks everyday for a wonderful sister who provides her with financial and emotional support. You are definitely and angel right here on earth.

Jackie, bless your heart. I would sure hate to wake up to a sweet kitty's barf. That is the exact reason that I don't have a pet. When the children were growing up they always had a cat or dog, who for some reason I always got to clean up after and feed. DH and I both said, once the kids are gone and the last pet crosses the rainbow bridge, that is enough for us. Pets are a lot of work and expense that need someone devoted and I'm just to darn lazy to do it anymore. I don't know how much I will be traveling now, but I have so enjoyed being able to go on a trip and not worry about having to get someone to look after them, whether it's a kennel or friend. I have friends that sometimes couldn't go on a trip because their pets were sick or they couldn't afford the trip and to pay a kennel.

Bev, it's a pain in the you know what, but you will never lose a post if you write it on Word Note Pad and then copy and paste into the forum. It only took me losing a few long post to remember to do it that way.

I don't see all the ads either, it may be because I have an Ad Blocker on my system. All that appears on the right side of mine is Erin's Frugal Shop Logo.
I too, like the new color. Nice.

Well good people this stuff isn't going to get done unless I get up and get with it. I hope that you all have a wonderful warm and safe week-end.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Pretty blue theme on the forum. I had to sign in again too.

Logics and Rinty, you deserve all the love in the world for taking care of your family members. Rinty, this spring may be time to retire. It does not sound like work is any fun at all any more. *hugs*

Janet, I hope the furnace is just having a minor hiccup and the weather stays mild. *hugs*

Today I went grocery shopping, which was expensive. *sigh* I failed to order dry cat food from Chewy and had to get it at Food Lion, so it was a bit more pricey even with a sale. And we had to do some restocking as even DH, who is Captain Oblivious about what's in the fridge, asked DS last night when I was going grocery shopping. :-D

I think supper tonight may be a vat of chili, which should make good leftovers for the remaining 200 days of January. (That's not a typo. January always feels about a thousand days long.)
Mackie
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

You know I have been wondering about Gayle, have I missed a post of how she's doing with this last chemo treatment.

Someone else that I thought about that we've not seen in awhile is Aunt Bridget and JustMom. I know that JustMom is doing ok as I check in on her blog from time to time. Clem, you are the one who has the memory of an elephant. Who was the young woman who was building the underground house and paying for it as they went? They lived in either a cabin or trailer while they were doing this.

Janet, may be the Mayor of our little village, but Clem has to be our Memory Guru.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:14 pm You know I have been wondering about Gayle, have I missed a post of how she's doing with this last chemo treatment.

Someone else that I thought about that we've not seen in awhile is Aunt Bridget and JustMom. I know that JustMom is doing ok as I check in on her blog from time to time. Clem, you are the one who has the memory of an elephant. Who was the young woman who was building the underground house and paying for it as they went? They lived in either a cabin or trailer while they were doing this.

Janet, may be the Mayor of our little village, but Clem has to be our Memory Guru.
I sort of remember them. But for once I can't get the whole story in my head.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Little Miss

I also cleaned out my closet. Had to get my clothes ready for the funeral next week. So i tried on what i had to make sure it would look nice and also be comfortable. We will be in the church for hours - on Monday.

I did order new pants. (No dresses for me). One pair was too big but the other two I love. All from JJill. Good sales too.

So I have several tops and pants that i will pass on to others.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

BevMoore wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:01 pm I've noticed there aren't ads o the bottom of the page and I a glad of that. Makes things easier to read. I am not bothered by the other ads. I just wish this platform could be fixed so we don't lose our posts. Very frustrating. Also if two people post at the same time why can't the second post just follow after the first one?

Bev
I always get a message telling me that someone has posted at the same time and for me to check to see if I want to change anything. It has the usual submit tag and I just hit that and it gets posted.