Daily Check In February 8, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In February 8, 2020

Post by Jackielou »

Definitely a second cup of coffee day. So I am starting us off and getting myself a cup.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In February 8, 2020

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Warmer this morning, and I hope the rise continues but my Google nest temperature says it won't be a day of rising temperatures, rather the opposite. I do want to get out for a short walk this morning so I will be trying to get the few items on my list accomplished early.

Frugally speaking there will be no money spent today, and I hope to make some cards finally (now have what I need (at least I think). Hopefully making cards will get me using the Cricut more. I am also thinking of using it to cut the fabric for another quilt to be used in tandem with my butterfly quilt in the bedroom. I have a feeling that today will be spent mostly working on projects and hopefully completing a few.

My youngest brother phoned last night late (at least late for him). I am afraid he is getting all confused again and starting the downward cycle that oft times follows medication and schizophrenia. We will see how his weekly phone calls progress.

I am looking through my stock of molds for items that can be used to make lotion bars, and perhaps even dishwasher tabs. I am also looking for jars to put sugar scrub and scented Epson salts in. I have a funny feeling that I decluttered those types of items quite awhile ago and will need to get very creative. I saw nothing at the second hand stores when I dropped my items off last week.

Still managing to get all the steps in to meet the goal that this silly vivofit gives me each day. Dang thing keeps going up and of course yours truly needs to beat that number. It is getting more difficult to do so every day however. Oldest DS says to just stick with the 10K steps and forget about the rest. I just can't seem to do so though.

While Shania is eating just fine once again, her intestinal and belly problems seem to be continuing. I do not want to give her the heavy duty laxative every day, so will give the paste today and see if that helps.

Supper tonight is going to be smoked sausage, leftover mashed potatoes, leftover corn niblets, and a salad.

Quiet, productive days give me great joy.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. I am actually sleeping a little bit better up to 4 to 5 hours some nights. Feels so good to be able sleep.We had a light dusting of snow during the night but going to warm up a little bit today and tomorrow.

I will be puttering in the kitchen. I am going to make hot and sour soup, Thai yellow curry, and spring rolls. I have everything on hand and it is so much cheaper to make at home. Also so much easier to cook at home compared to going for a long drive in cold weather and sit and wait for a meal to be prepared in a restaurant.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Your food choices sound yummy, Janet.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:02 am Your food choices sound yummy, Janet.
Thanks. I am enjoying cooking at home. I have never been a cook because of not having a family and working most of my life with medical problems was not conducive to doing a lot of ethnic cooking like I am enjoying doing now.
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all,

Today is promised to be our last chilly day. The old furnace has come on more than I like, but I am glad it appears to have made it through the winter. As a heat pump, it will need to be entirely replaced when it fails. It is inefficient and I know it. However, the payback on AC replacement is slow, so I am in no hurry.

I have decided to make some changes to my savings accounts. The forms were in the cloud and hubs is the computer expert. He said it couldn't be done that way due to... he had a list. So the broker sent the forms via a delivery service and we got them yesterday. I was too busy with arranging air fare and the truck transfer to try to focus on them. But they are on my list to look over today.

I have decided to try to take a simple group dance class or two and see how the knee holds out. Could be an interesting afternoon.

Today, I will cook a turkey leg and thigh in the crockpot for dinner. I will start it before I leave and it should be finished when I get home. The turkey was part of my 39c/lb whole turkey from November. So a frugal meal for sure. The heat from the crockpot will be appreciated as well.

Today, I am grateful that my health is as good as it is. Have a good day all.